Can someone explain Mustat figures please...

  • Bob Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hi,

      I've been following competitor traffic through a number of sites like compete, quantcast and a few others. Over the years all the aforementioned sites have been showing similar figures averaging between 6-12,000 unique visits per month.

      That is, until I came across Mustat who are showing traffic figures five times this.

      Can someone please tell me:

      1. Are Mustat figures reliable and if so, how reliable?
      2. Why do they diverge so much from the likes of quantcast etc?

      The table below shows the stats for one website.

      Per day Per wee Per month Per year
      Visitors 1,729 12,103 53,599 631,085
      Pageviews 8,645 60,515 267,990 3,155,425

      Hopw to hear back from someone.

      Thanks for your time and energy

      BJ
    • Mitchell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2013
        Hello - looks like MuStat is using Alexa.com data. I've always preferred Quantcast data myself. I don't see any credentials or contact data on the MuStat site, so that is a good hint, in my eyes, to keep it at arms length.

        Regards,
        MitchellT