[JOB] looking for analytics developers

  • Judah Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm looking for Analytics Developers based in Boston or Sunnyvale for a
      technical team whose work I prioritize, which matrixes into my business
      team. You need to know how to write code and your algorithms. If you are
      interested and want to work on the bleeding edge, then please send me your
      resume.

      These people will be part of good sized analytics platform team and
      responsible for developing tools and data repositories to support analytics
      and business intelligence (BI). The role involves building custom internal
      tools to analyze big data, developing ETL's, making aggregated data
      available to other teams, and investigating data quality issues. You will
      be working on critical data projects that have visibility far beyond the
      audience size of most startups and other companies. You will have to invent
      clever solutions for large scale problems involving GB and TB, and
      sometimes PB, of data. And you will have to do it in Ruby, and maybe some
      PHP too. LAMP. Agile, scrum. The goal of this team is accurate data for
      analysis, so you need to care about data quality and accuracy.

      Nokia offers an intelligent team environment, keen on using Open Source
      technologies, and very welcoming of the knowledge and ideas you have to
      offer.

      Qualifications

      * Bachelor�s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field

      * Hands-on Ruby on Rails, PHP, and Linux systems development experience

      * Experience with continuous test and deployment tools and practices, such
      as Jenkins

      * Experience with big data processing using Hadoop

      * Solid understanding of relational databases, SQL query tuning, schema
      design

      * Solid understanding of web application protocols, REST APIs, HTTP, common
      log format

      * Experience in contributing code to a team project using either GIT or SVN

      * Experience with maintaining automated tests and project documentation

      Thanks,
      Judah