Re: Why are Campaigns visits in GA different, depending upon which report I look at?

  • drogenfranz2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2013
      Hi Yogita,

      the Traffic Sources Overview shows four groupings:

      1. Search = Organic Search plus Search Campaigns
      2. Campaigns = Only non-(paid) Search Campaigns
      3. Direct
      4. Referrals

      The Campaigns Report itself shows all campaigns, meaning all visits that had the "utm_source" etc. parameters or the AdWords gclid parameter in the URL on their landing page.

      Looking at one of my GA profiles, in Traffic Sources I see:

      44,398 Search Visits
      48,192 Campaign Visits

      In the Campaigns Report:
      48,297 Campaign Visits

      In the Paid Search Report:
      108 Paid Search Visits

      The 108 are more or less the difference between the Campaign Visits on the Traffic Sources Overview and the Campaign Reports. Other profiles show the same sort of distribution.

      Cheers,

      Lukas