Re: [webanalytics] Re: SiteCatalyst integration with backend user profile databases

  • Warren Sander
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 26, 2013
      actually saint will classify back to the beginning of your sitecatalyst
      installation for any key you put data into.

      so the prop/evar you put the initial data into is the key. As long as that
      key exists or has existed the classified data will be applied against it.

      so if you put 'superman' into evar1 as the 'username' (you should never put
      personally identifiable information into sitecatalyst so no email addresses
      etc)

      you have a report based on username and you will see superman and whatever
      metrics you want like visits = 10

      when you create the classification you could add in
      hometown
      current city
      like kryptonite
      flys
      does twitter

      etc

      when you classify out this record
      smallville
      metropolis
      no
      yes
      no

      then that information will be applied to every record where 'superman' is
      the key and you can then report on everyone in metropolis and get superman,
      lois lane (no pii), jimmy olsen etc

      but if superman ever moved to gotham city then all reports where you used
      to see him in metropolis would change to gotham city.

      so if you do a tiered type of membership where you go from bronze to silver
      to gold membership you can't use classification for membership tier because
      when the member changes tiers then their entire history also changes. Even
      if you do bronze member Y/N, silver member Y/N and gold member Y/N
      as separate classifications when you set one of them it will go all the way
      back and change all values to the new one if you overwrite and won't change
      anything if you don't overwrite.

    • harshil
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 27, 2013
        Thanks Warren. Very nicely explained. That will be really really helpful.