Google Analytics Same Page Funnel Exits Data Weirdness

  • ju2ltd
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013
      In one of my funnel steps there are significant number of same page exits i.e. the URI of the exit page is identical to that of the funnel step.

      I have read quite a few posts on this subject some dating back to 2010 but none of them seem to come up with a plausible explanation. The best theory is related to page refreshes but as as a funnel tracks visits not page views not sure how a page refresh can be interpreted as a funnel exit.

      I also note that Goal Flow does not report the same page exits - so are these page exits an artifact or bug?

      Anybody got an explanation.

      Jim.