Google Analytics Same Page Funnel Exits Data Weirdness

  • ju2ltd
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25 8:57 AM
      In one of my funnel steps there are significant number of same page exits i.e. the URI of the exit page is identical to that of the funnel step.

      I have read quite a few posts on this subject some dating back to 2010 but none of them seem to come up with a plausible explanation. The best theory is related to page refreshes but as as a funnel tracks visits not page views not sure how a page refresh can be interpreted as a funnel exit.

      I also note that Goal Flow does not report the same page exits - so are these page exits an artifact or bug?

      Anybody got an explanation.

      Jim.