GA-AdSense-AdExchange-DFP data flow

  • Yuhui
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hi all,

      As we know, AdSense can be linked with Google Analytics (GA), so that we can view our AdSense reports in GA.

      My organization has a rather unique set-up, though. We've replaced our AdSense for Content ad units with units from DoubleClick AdExchange (AdEx). In addition, we manage our AdEx ads through our DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) account (we have a DFP Small Business account).

      However, with this setup, GA no longer shows our AdSense reports. The diagram at this tweet illustrates my understanding of how my organization's GA, AdSense, AdEx and DFP accounts work together in terms of data flow for reporting: https://twitter.com/yuhui/status/305723931074109440

      Question 1:
      I'd appreciate it if anyone knowledgeable with GA, AdSense, AdEx and DFP could verify my data flow diagram.

      Question 2:
      Assuming my diagram is correct, then how can I view both AdSense for Search *and* AdEx reports in GA?
      Note: we do not plan to revert to AdSense for Content ad units.

      Question 3 (related to Question1):
      My research has shown that AdSense for Search *never* shows up in GA's AdSense report. In other words, GA's AdSense report only shows the results for AdSense for Content. Is this true?

      Regards,
      Yu Hui
      Twitter: @yuhui