Packet/Network Sniffers and WebServer Plugins

  • Hossam M. Khodary
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2004
      Hi there,

      I am curious to learn if anyone is using the above for clickstream
      data collection purposes. I have come across at least 2 new products
      that use the above techniques.

      I am interested in learning about issues, shortcomings and strong
      points.

      Thanks!

      Hossam
    • Eric Peterson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2004
        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Hossam M. Khodary"
        <hkhodary@y...> wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > I am curious to learn if anyone is using the above for clickstream
        > data collection purposes. I have come across at least 2 new
        products
        > that use the above techniques.
        >
        > I am interested in learning about issues, shortcomings and strong
        > points.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Hossam
      • Eric Peterson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
          Hossam,

          Sorry my last response was lost. I basically said that I had invited
          some folks who know a great deal about packet sniffing to join the
          group (we'll see if they do) and that I was interested in knowing
          about the new products you refer to.

          Let us know ...

          Eric

          <hkhodary@y...> wrote:
          > Hi there,
          >
          > I am curious to learn if anyone is using the above for clickstream
          > data collection purposes. I have come across at least 2 new
          products
          > that use the above techniques.
          >
          > I am interested in learning about issues, shortcomings and strong
          > points.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Hossam
        • Hossam M. Khodary
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
            The one I am referring to in particular is ClickCadence's
            (http://www.clickcadence.com) BeatBox. The other is Vincera
            (http://www.vincera.com).

            Both have different uses other than web analytics but both collect
            very detailed low level clickstream data which can easily be
            leveraged for web analytics purposes.

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Peterson"