(Reposted on behalf of Braden Hoeppner)

  • Eric Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2004
      Hi All,

      We use HBX for our site, and on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it
      as 8 (in terms of how likely I am to recommend it).

      First off, I think that the tool is excellent - it provides some
      very useful metrics & tools. Using the report builder, I can make
      complex queries with the data collected and tell our story very
      well. However, I think that there are a few areas that companies
      should consider before jumping on board with HBX. (1) is cost. Small
      upstart companies may be afraid of investing in such a product. (2)
      if a company doesn't have someone who can really dig deep into what
      is happening on their site, they won't get the value out of HBX.
      Signing up for an expensive analytics program will do you no good
      unless you have the expertise in your organization to use it.
      Understanding what all the metrics show and how to action change
      from them requires some expertise. Assigning a resource to mine data
      from HBX & provide analysis will provide great returns but can be
      costly for smaller companies. (3) There are a few bugs we've
      discovered that make analytics difficult at times (ie. Page Views
      being shown as "visits"). On a positive note websidestory's customer
      service is great and they work hard to fix things quickly.

      We still are not using HBX to its full potential, but we're getting
      there. For companies willing to make an investment in a tool & the
      people who know how to use it, I think that it's great. Smaller
      companies who don't have the 'web analytics' skills to understand
      everything that's being reported
      may not get the best ROI.

      Thanks for setting this list up Eric. I look forward to hearing from
      all of you!

      Cheers,
      Braden Hoeppner