RE: [webanalytics] Re: Adobe's Processing Rules

  • Craig Scribner
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8 3:35 PM
      Thanks Rob, I included your parsing recommendation in my presentation, along
      with your #2 example.

      Let me know if you think of anything else I should mention.

      Best regards,

      Craig

      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16 7:33 AM
        Thanks Matt, I didn't know this. I'll check to see how to do this with the
        companies I consult-it would definitely have saved me some serious
        headaches!

        -Craig

        You also can reset the cache through your CDN.

        I have to do this a lot with AB testing.

        'webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com');> [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
        > I was one of the beta testers for Processing Rules, and have been using
        > them
        > extensively since they launched. The three biggest things I have found
        that
        > people are unaware of regarding Processing Rules are:
        > * Processing rules can not do anything with the products string at all.
        > * Even though Processing Rules can set events, they can not use an event
        as
        > a condition for a rule.
        > * There is no "else" condition with Processing Rules, so it may take
        > several
        > rules to set a single variable if its value can vary depending on the
        > condition. I once had to use 24 rules just to set a single variable,
        simply
        > because of a lack of understanding of what processing rules were capable
        of
        > by the business owners. (that was later removed and new code added to the
        > page).
        >
        > Good luck!
        >
        > Kevin Rogers
        > @VaBeachKevin
        > http://keystonesolutions.com
        > http://webanalyticsland.com
        >
        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>
        'webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com');>
        > , "Craig" wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm presenting at the Adobe summit in March on Processing Rules. If you
        > haven't used them already I strongly recommend learning how--especially if
        > the company/companies you assist have a lot of red tape around their site
        > update process, and if you have a long list of things you wish you could
        > fix
        > in your Omniture implementation.
        > >
        > > But for those of you who have already had experience with the tool,
        could
        > you please let me know of any successes or pitfalls you've encountered?
        > I've
        > got some pretty good ideas already, but I'd hate to miss some obvious
        ones.

        > > Also, if any of you are still thinking about coming out to Salt Lake
        City
        > for the conference, they gave us (presenters) a promo code for a $200
        > discount. Contact me directly for that: craig at trackingfirst dot com.

        Matt Curtis
        matt.a.curtis@... <mailto:matt.a.curtis%40gmail.com>
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattacurtis