Omniture / Adobe Implementation Series : Impression tracking

  • rshumpe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      In this installment of our Adobe/Omniture SiteCatalyst implementation series, we'll cover how you can use Satellite Tag Management System to accurately track impressions of any content on your site. Whether it's an advertisement, a content module, or a really snazzy footer you spent weeks creating, you need to know the real number of impressions your content receives to make informed decisions. With the ever increasing variety of screen sizes and resolutions on desktops, laptops, tablets, & mobile, there is a better than average chance that a good portion of your site will not be visible to the user, and if they fail to scroll down they might never see it at all. This is why you cannot rely on page views in your analytics system to give you a true count of how many times your content was visible and displayed to the user. This post might be categorized as part of the SiteCatalyst implementation series, but the process I'll outline will work for any analytics solution.

      Read full article at :

      http://www.searchdiscovery.com/blog/satellite-sitecatalyst-implementation-series-impression-tracking/