Re: [webanalytics] Re: google analytics excel add-in

  • sibel
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 14, 2013
      Hi
      I have not tried that one yet:)

      thanks so much

      sibel

      On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM, jkatinger2002 <jkatinger@...
      > wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Unless I'm missing something, ShufflePoint can do exactly what you are
      > asking with GA data Sibel. If you want to send me a spreadsheet layout of
      > what you are trying to do I can take a crack at showing you.
      >
      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, sibel wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Stephane,
      > > Thanks for your help.
      > >
      > > I basically want to set up all my reports in Excel and then later I just
      > > want to refresh them with one click, like I do with excel plugins for
      > > Omniture.
      > >
      > > For example I want to see my reports daily, weekly, monthly or on a
      > > preselect dates..I even could not achieve to create daily report on Next
      > > Analytics, maybe there is that capability but I could not find it..
      > >
      > > or I want to look at all my traffic sources by date, and I want to see
      > all
      > > my traffic source as a column (cpc, organic, display etc..)
      > >
      > > the problem is each time I try sthg, I can't either find the way or I end
      > > up with a bug so I really can't move forward and each time i have to go
      > > back to GA to pull data manually, which is such a wasting of my time.
      > >
      > > Omniture's in-house developed tools, help me all these excel report
      > > templates easily and I need sthg like that..
      > >
      > > Dashboards are not useful for me as I want my data in Excel
      > >
      > > I take a look at Analytics Canvas product
      > >
      > > sibel akcekaya
      > >

      > > On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Stephane Hamel wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Sibel - I used a lot of Excel plugins, particularly Next Analytics, and
      > > > I've done amazing things with it. Admittedly, doing advanced stuff is
      > more
      > > > complex and sometimes comes out as if it is impossible or buggy...
      > > >
      > > > But... as you say, Excel plugins have been discussed many times in the
      > > > past. What would help is if you state what you are trying to do and
      > where
      > > > it doesn't work.
      > > >
      > > > That being said, someone else also recommended Analytics Canvas. This
      > has
      > > > become my solution of choice and is a different approach from Excel
      > plugins.
      > > >
      > > > St�phane Hamel, MBA, CWA
      > > > Director, Strategic Services
      > > > LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/shamel
      > > > Twitter: @SHamelCP | @CardinalPath
      > > > CardinalPath.com

      > there
      > > > are

      > Tatvic..

    • sibel
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 18, 2013
        Addition to this thread:
        I have lots of custom events in GA and I would love to be able to refresh
        them in excel all the time, TATVIS looks like has a bug, because it only
        brings to me certain events.
        Next analytics can't get me event details

        any ideas how to pull all event data in excel (i want event category, event
        action and value) along with metrics i want, in a defined date granularity

        sibel

      • analyticscanvas
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2013
          Hi all- James from Analytics Canvas here.

          I just wanted to add that there is in fact a functionality to save query definitions to a library that means its not necessary to recreate them each time a separate large number of profiles is selected. Also, its possible to import lists of profiles (and to save selected profiles to a file) which make it easier to manage even hundreds of profiles at once.

          But we hear what people are saying when they have hundreds of profiles (and we know people are often using our tool with 500+ profiles)- while its certainly possible, its not as easy to use as it could be.

          We are adding some new functionality in the next version with some filtering and searching capability, as well as having the way profiles are selected and edited improved.

          If you have an ETL need with google analytics, I encourage you to check us out and feel free to contact me with any questions.

          Cheers.