Re: Google's encrypted search impact on Omniture paid search keyword reports

  • adamgreco
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
      This has changed. Please refer to this new KB article: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-keyword-unavailable

      Adam G

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Penelope" wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I wonder if anyone can help on the below:
      > I thought that Google's change around encrypting keywords entered in Google by logged in users was only for natural search queries...
      > Looking at the paid search keywords report in Omniture, I am also seeing a Keyword Unavailable field. Can anyone confirm that this change is also for paid search queries (typed in by logged in users?..)
      > Thanks
      > Penelope

    • Craig Scribner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
        The obvious solution is to give each of your paid keywords a unique tracking
        code, and have a SAINT classification for keywords. That way you see
        everything you pay for, even if it's not showing up in the Traffic Sources
        reports.

        Best regards,

        Craig

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>
        , "Penelope" wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I wonder if anyone can help on the below:
        > I thought that Google's change around encrypting keywords entered in
        Google by logged in users was only for natural search queries...
        > Looking at the paid search keywords report in Omniture, I am also seeing a
        Keyword Unavailable field. Can anyone confirm that this change is also for
        paid search queries (typed in by logged in users?..)
        > Thanks
        > Penelope

      • Penelope
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
          Hi Ecommark,
          Thank you for sharing. I could not see you JPG but Adam Greco has provided us with an Adobe article talking about this. What we don't know is why this is happening with paid search and to what extent...
          Thanks
          Penelope

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Ecommark" wrote:

          > I see that too  - is this uniqie to SiteCatalyst, or, is it a new
          > Google feature?   Here's a JPG of our chart ...

        • Penelope
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
            Hi VabeachKevin,
            Thank you for sharing information on this.
            Adam Greco has provided a link to an Adobe article confirming this is the case... Worth picking up with Google.
            Thanks
            Penelope

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
              Great- thank you Adam. I looked for similar articles on the KB last week but certainly did not find this one!
              Penelope

              --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "adamgreco" wrote:

              > This has changed. Please refer to this new KB article: http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-keyword-unavailable
              >
              > Adam G
              >
              > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Penelope" wrote:
              > >

              > > Hi all,
              > >
              > > I wonder if anyone can help on the below:
              > > I thought that Google's change around encrypting keywords entered in Google by logged in users was only for natural search queries...
              > > Looking at the paid search keywords report in Omniture, I am also seeing a Keyword Unavailable field. Can anyone confirm that this change is also for paid search queries (typed in by logged in users?..)
              > > Thanks
              > > Penelope

            • Penelope
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013