adding event tags and site performance question

  • linda_schumacher_sf
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      We use Google Analytics on our website and are interested in adding event tracking tags so we can track how visitors interact more with our content (video, social sharing icons, promotional widgets, etc.)

      One concern we have is how adding the tags may impact site performance, adding weight and slowing down page load. Our site is already a bit slow because it's pretty image heavy.

      I am wondering if there is any way of estimating how the additional tags could impact page load. Is there a rule of thumb that anyone uses that they could share? Or is it truly, it really depends on so many factors and there is no way of estimating.

      Thank you all in advance for your responses. I appreciate your insights!

      Best,
      Linda