Re: SPAM-MED: [webanalytics] Re: filtering reports in google dashboards

  • Alan Etkin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
      Eric, thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate you sharing
      Google's answer. I do indeed have profiles set up with "traffic to the
      subdirectory" filters, but these profiles unfortunately exclude some of our
      site's key conversion points, which are located in different folders. What
      I'm trying to do by creating filtered dashboards is combine a variety of
      information from various parts of the site.

      I know I can use standard and custom reporting to get at the details of the
      information I want to report out on, but I was hoping to use dashboards as
      a high level report I distribute to specific stakeholders.

      If I understand what you've written, at the folder level I could use "page
      path level 1" instead of "page". However, once I try to start tracking
      individual pages (my conversion points) the data is not giving me what I
      need. Is this right? If yes, any suggestions on how to get around this?
      Does using configured goals have the same limitation?

    • Eric Fettman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2012
        Alan, maybe you could use a Page Path Level 1 filter on the dashboard for some metrics and, specifically for the goal completion, set up a goal and funnel, with the goal specified as the goal completion page, which resides outside of the subdirectory, and one or more subdirectory pages as the funnel steps. (You can take advantage of regular expressions in goal and funnel configuration, so several URL variations could match the definition for the goal page or any of the funnel steps.) The funnel pageviews don't have to immediately precede the goal page pageview to be associated with the goal, which might be useful in your scenario as well.

        Would this help at all?

        Eric Fettman
        Google Analytics Test . http://www.googleanalyticstest.com . Twitter: @gglanalytcstest
        Google Analytics Tip of the Day . http://www.gatipoftheday.com . Twitter: @gatipoftheday