[webanalytics] filtering reports in google dashboards

  • Alan Etkin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2012
      I'm trying to figure out how to (most) accurately filter reports within a
      google analytics dashboard widget.

      I work on a large site with more than 5 million pageviews per month. I want
      to create a dashboard showing various aspects of one section of the site. I
      see a couple options on how to filter the data for the section.

      1) add a filter: only show > page > containing > /folder name/

      or

      2) add a filter: only show> page path level 1> containing > /folder name/

      These two options give me different results (13,854 vs 13,619).

      Is one method preferable or more accurate than the other?

      Your help with this will be most appreciated.

      Alan

    • tervebe
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
        Check the url's to see if /folder name/ is also used on another level then page path level 1