Problem or a Solution?

  • setaylor415
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
      Is having more than 1 analytics package a problem or a solution?
    • Mark Bowers
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
        it depends on what you are trying to do. Perhaps one package deals with more long term data and the other deals with real time data. You don't want too much overlap in what's good for one and not the other if you have more than one.
        To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
        From: setaylor415@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:36:19 +0000
        Subject: [webanalytics] Problem or a Solution?

        Is having more than 1 analytics package a problem or a solution?

      • Yuhui
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2012
          Speaking from personal experience -- and paraphrasing a South Park meme:

          You're gonna have a baaaaaad time!

          I spend more time reconciling differences between 2 analytics packages than doing any actual analysis. That is not a productive use of an analyst's time.

          Regards,
          Yu Hui
          Twitter: @yuhui