Re: Pay somone to get Certified in your name / WA Certification

  • Matthias Bettag
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      Hi all,

      Judah is right, that there is not yet a Digital Analytics Exam, instead a
      Web Analytics Exam.
      However, I do not agree with Luca that it is mostly a US thing.

      There are indeed quite a few things on which the DAA is US centric mainly
      due to the strong foundation by most of its members based in the US, but
      the exam is not (at least it must not be).

      I organized two "group exams" in Germany in 2010 and 2011 (and currently
      planning for another one in the near future), and we had a few more exams
      during the last three German eMetrics. Meanwhile Germany has 24 CWAs
      (CWA=Certified Web Analyst, the total is 135, if I counted well ->
      http://www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org/?page=certified_lastname). The
      participant's success rate on the German exams was above average, which
      positively surprised me since the exam is text heavy and good English
      language skills are definitely required. This hopefully encourages more
      Europeans to take the test.

      Especially for UK, Netherlands, Denmark, Hungary, Germany, Denmark (sorry
      if I forgot any) it shouldn't be a big deal to organize an WAC exam due to
      the CWAs who are active in the DAA are available in these countries.
      I would recommend to talk to your DAA country manager whenever you look for
      an opportunity to take the exam in your country.

      Or feel free to pass me a note if I can forward this to the respective
      person. Unless it is me..

      best,
      Matthias

      --