Re: St. Bernard (SiteCatalyst)

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
      Hi Rick,

      I'm familiar with SAINT Bernard, although I haven't seen it since they moved from the free (beta) version to the professional release. I'd be happy to talk to you about what I know, but I need to warn you that I'm actually building a similar tool of my own, so you can't trust anything I say. :)

      I do, however, know a couple of people who are paying customers of SAINT Bernard, and I can hook you up with them for a more objective review.

      Drop me a line: craig@..., and we can continue the conversation directly.

      best regards,
      Craig

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "mrlewis2" <mrlewis@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have experience of this auto SAINT classification tool?
      >
      > It looks like it would handle our tracking code process but would like some user reviews.
      > - Rick

    • Blakeley, Robert (Rob)
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
        I have heard that Omniture is considering creating a rule-based SAINT, I'd think it would be similar to Processing Rules or Marketing Channels.
        This would seem to duplicate a portion of the St. Bernard functionality.
        I don't know where that idea might be with them. Anyone else know?

        Robert Blakeley | Analytics Product Manager | BI
        212.624.3854 | rblakeley@...<mailto:rblakeley@...>

        I'm familiar with SAINT Bernard, although I haven't seen it since they moved from the free (beta) version to the professional release. I'd be happy to talk to you about what I know, but I need to warn you that I'm actually building a similar tool of my own, so you can't trust anything I say. :)

        I do, however, know a couple of people who are paying customers of SAINT Bernard, and I can hook you up with them for a more objective review.

        Drop me a line: craig@...<mailto:craig%40TrackingFirst.com>, and we can continue the conversation directly.

        best regards,
        Craig

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>, "mrlewis2" <mrlewis@...<mailto:mrlewis@...>> wrote:

        > Does anyone have experience of this auto SAINT classification tool?
        >
        > It looks like it would handle our tracking code process but would like some user reviews.
        > - Rick

      • kings33
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          St Bernard allows batch rule based processing. What they seem to be considering is live rule based classification. SAINT Bernard has a ways to go in my estimation.