Re: Tracking errors in Google Analytics

  • Peter O'Neill
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
      Hi Jason,

      I have a standard approach I use for tracking 404 & form validation
      errors in GA and, prompted by this question, managed to find the blog
      post I had part written at one stage. This has now been completed &
      published - can be found on my blog
      <http://www.l3analytics.com/2012/11/21/tracking-errors-with-web-analytic\
      s/?utm_source=web%2banalytics%2bforum&utm_medium=social%2bmedia&utm_cont\
      ent=response&utm_campaign=tracking%2berrors> . Basically I capture the
      URL & referrer for a 404 page or the form name, field name & error
      message for a form validation error within page level custom variables.
      I then use custom reports to review the data.

      It would be interesting to know if SkyGlue could automate this approach
      so implement by ticking a box.

      Cheers

      Peter

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "jason6346" <darkus1@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > We are currently trying to figure out how to track System errors and
      Technical errors in Google Analytics. Just to be clear we regard
      Technical errors - as non managed errors with no clean error message.
      And a System errors as errors managed by the system with a clean error
      message. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences or recommendations
      on how to capture this information in Google analytics.