Is there any update from YWA

  • SUHEL
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi,

      In june they have posted that they are withdrawing the services of YWA from 31st August,Now we have removed the code from all our websites but still some site on which code exist showing current that.

      Is there any kind of thing that yahoo change their mind or they forget because there is not a single update on there blog after that.

      thanks
      Suhel
    • Michael Wexler
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "SUHEL" <mosukh@...> wrote:

        > In june they have posted that they are withdrawing the services of YWA from 31st August,Now we have removed the code from all our websites but still some site on which code exist showing current that.
        >
        > Is there any kind of thing that yahoo change their mind or they forget because there is not a single update on there blog after that.
        >
        > thanks
        > Suhel

        Nope, it's still shutting down for most analytics-only users; it will stay live for Y! shops and a few other selected groups (Right Media ad exchange users, etc.). I received the following email a day or so ago...

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Dear YWA User,

        The purpose of the email is to notify you that your project has now become "read-only" as per the notification that was sent June 12, 2012 below:

        Changes to Yahoo! Web Analytics Offerings

        In an ever-changing world of online advertising and marketing, Yahoo! is always looking to innovate faster with our core products and services, and offer the best possible experiences for consumers and results for publishers and advertisers. After careful review, Yahoo! will be making changes to its Yahoo! Web Analytics platform with the discontinuation of services for many analytics-only customer accounts and the Yahoo! Web Analytics Consultant Network.

        In 2008, Yahoo! acquired IndexTools to offer web analytics and deep insights for small-and-medium business customers leveraging the Yahoo! Store platform to effectively sell goods and services online. While this one-click integration with Yahoo! Web Analytics proved to be very popular, with more than 80 percent of Yahoo! Stores using the platform to optimize their online presence, we're committed to continuously measure and scrutinize what's working and what can be improved. We will continue to support this community of Yahoo! Store customers and a limited number of other customers (e.g., Right Media Exchange seat holders) with the same Yahoo! Web Analytics services they know and trust.

        Starting August 31, 2012, existing Yahoo Web Analytics projects will become "read-only," with access to view historical data for two months. We recommend removing YWA tags from your website(s) at this stage, as those tags will no longer populate data to your YWA account. Also, if you wish to retain any historical data from your account, please utilize the data export functionality through your account. On October 31, 2012, all Yahoo! Web Analytics projects scheduled for discontinuation will be shut down for use, including the discontinuation of the Yahoo! Web Analytics Consultant Network for all users.

        Thanks for your understanding and using Yahoo! Web Analytics. Please contact your Yahoo! account manager if you have any questions.

        Kind Regards,
        Stefan Kuhn

        So, its really, sadly, going away.

        Best, Michael
      • Mitchell
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
          According to what I got, Yahoo! Web Analytics will still be available to Yahoo! Store merchants. Read the first comment on the web post here: http://www.onceinaweb.com/539/general/yahoo-web-analytics-going-away-but-where-was-it

          Yahoo! Web Analytics was always a rather "closed" product in that participating in it required you to do business with Yahoo!, and YWA will continue as a totally closed product for a captive audience.

          Regards,
          MitchellT