RE: [webanalytics] Google Analytics: Banner vs Display

  • Béate Vervaecke | e-Zen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2012
      Hi,

      This is the reason:
      <http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1191184>
      http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1191184

      It’s used for basic channel grouping in the multi-channel report

      Béate Vervaecke

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2012
        To clarify, this only effects how referrals are grouped by default for the MCF reports. You can create your own custom groupings - and I strongly encourage users to do that as there are lots of other examples like this.

        The default groupings, are of course useful, but basic. They should be considered building blocks for your own groupings. Therefore I recommend you use your own campaign tracking parameters rather than revert to the basic set.

        Best regards, Brian
        Author of the book, Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics