Forums or Online courses for deep dive analysis tactics or courses

  • blinker_02
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      First time here. I was interested in hearing if anyone knows of any nitty gritty online courses as far as best practices as well as implementation. I've worked in Web Analytics for a year but haven't received any "advanced" training. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

      Thanks!
    • Vanessa Sabino
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
        I think implementation tends to be a bit vendor specific. For GA, I
        recommend the book Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
        (http://www.advanced-web-metrics.com/), for example.

        As for online courses, I've taken two of the Award of Achievement in
        Web Analytics series.

        On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM, blinker_02 <jchoopes@...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > First time here. I was interested in hearing if anyone knows of any nitty gritty online courses as far as best practices as well as implementation. I've worked in Web Analytics for a year but haven't received any "advanced" training. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • vmsharan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
          Here are the short term web analytics courses offered by universities

          (UBC) http://cstudies.ubc.ca/web-analytics/
          <http://cstudies.ubc.ca/web-analytics/>

          (Sanfranciso)
          https://lp.usanfranonline.com/internet-mktg/career/cert-mst_webanalytics\
          _t05_1011.aspx
          <https://lp.usanfranonline.com/internet-mktg/career/cert-mst_webanalytic\
          s_t05_1011.aspx>

          Online mini MBA in web analytics (Recently launched - last yr)
          http://cmd.rutgers.edu/programs/online-mini-mba-web-analytics
          <http://cmd.rutgers.edu/programs/online-mini-mba-web-analytics>

          (offered by Avinash Kaushik - Recently launched - last yr)
          http://www.marketmotive.com/ <http://www.marketmotive.com/>
          For implementation tool knowledge will be required. Online material for
          GA is available for free but it's expensive for other vendors like
          SiteCatalyst.
          Thanks,Vishwa
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/vishwasharan
          <http://www.linkedin.com/in/vishwasharan> @vmsharan

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Vanessa Sabino <borboleta@...>

          (www.webanalyticsassociation.org)
          > > Email moderators at: webanalytics-moderators@...! Groups Links

        • Mohit Jain
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
            Hi,

            You can also refer to this comprehensive list created by Stephane Hamel.

            http://list.ly/list/AE-web-analytics-academic-resources

            Cheers,
            Mohit

            On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM, blinker_02 <jchoopes@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > First time here. I was interested in hearing if anyone knows of any nitty
            > gritty online courses as far as best practices as well as implementation.
            > I've worked in Web Analytics for a year but haven't received any "advanced"
            > training. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
            >
            > Thanks!

          • Jim Sterne
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
              Adam Greco will be doing his Adobe SiteCatalyst "Top Gun" Training
              in Boston on Thursday, Oct. 4 if you can get travel budget...
              http://www.emetrics.org/boston/2012/workshops/adobe_sitecatalyst_topgun_training.php

                Jim Sterne jsterne@...
              +1 805 965 3184 x 4
              Founder eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit
              Author Social Media Metrics
              Chairman Digital Analytics Association