RE: [webanalytics] Re: Google Analytics Filter

  • Omelchenko Alla
    Message 1 of 18 , May 8, 2012
      Can you do it via regex?
      Custom filter based on Request URI. Filter pattern: (/uk/uk.*|/dynamic/test.*country=UK.*) Something like that.

      Alla

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , May 8, 2012
        Hi Jason,

        Why don't you just use an Advanced Segment? Landing Page starts with /uk/uk OR Landing Page contains country=UK.

        Cheers

        Peter

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "jason6346" <darkus1@...> wrote:

        > Hi Allaedin,
        >
        > Thanks for your reply.
        >
        > Is this the only way it can be done? Cant this be done simply via the user interface and without having to add the _gaq.push(['_trackPageview',code? We have techinical contraints over here so any additional code would need to go through a release cycle which could take a while.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Jason
        >
        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Allaedin Ezzedin" <allaedin@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Jason,
        > >

        > > Since you can't create a profile filter base on a landing page URL, I
        > > suggest that you fire a unique virtual page when visitors enter your site
        > > through the landing page/s in question.
        > >

        > > _gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/landing-page/xyz.html']); // make
        > > sure this virtual page is fired only when in it is a landing page!
        > >

        > > Now at the account level create a profile that excludes any visits where
        > > this page is part of the session
        > >
        > > . Filter Type: Custom Filter >> Exclude
        > >
        > > . Filter Field: Request URL
        > >
        > > . Filter Pattern: /landing-page/xyz.html
        > >
        > > . Case Sensitive: No
        > >

        > > Good luck,
        > >

        > > -Allaedin Ezzedin-
        > >
        > > Senior Web Analyst | E-Nor Inc.
        > >
        > > 408.988.0003 x 114 | @AllaedinEzzedin <http://twitter.com/AllaedinEzzedin>
        > > | LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/allaedinezzedin> | Google+
        > > <https://plus.google.com/110493730312224281203/about>

      • ju2ltd
        Message 3 of 18 , May 8, 2012
          Daniel,

          I suggest a the following Search & Replace Custom Filter:

          Filter Field : Request URI
          Search String ^/example/$
          Replace String: /example

          this will replace all pages called /example with /example/ so that you only have one version of the page.

          Hope this helps.

          Jim.

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Waisberg" <dwaisberg@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I would like to create a filter that would aggregate two very similar pages:
          > /example/ and /example (both are the same page, but the second does not not
          > have a closing slash).
          >
          > Is it possible to do that using a RegEx?
          >
          > Thank you very much.
          > Daniel Waisberg
          > WAA Co-chair of Marketing

        • jason6346
          Message 4 of 18 , May 9, 2012
            Hi Peter,

            Thanks for your response also. The reasonI hadn't created an advanced filter was because we want independent profiles based on countires selected from our site. We then also want to be able to create funnel reports on these also, which GA wont allow you to do with an advanced segment.

            Thanks

            Jason