Using Query String Parameter for Dynamic Account Matching in Omniture

  • pauld2194
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2012
      Has anyone ever used a specific query string parameter to use as an identifier in dynamic account matching in Omniture?

      I'm trying to see if it's possible to have something like "q=testsuite" and in the JS file setup the dynamic account matching point to the testsuite as opposed to the default Omniture report suite.

      Not sure if this is possible and if so, what the syntax would have to look like in the Omniture javascript file.

      Thanks,
      Paul
    • VaBeachKevin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2012
        Sure, thats easy to do using the built in dynamic account selection feature of the s_code.
        Lets say I want to look for the parameter of "testsuite", and if its in the query string of the URL then change the report suite ID to "mytestingreportsuite". I would add this code to the top config section of the s_code.js file:

        s.dynamicAccountSelection=true;
        s.dynamicAccountMatch=(window.location.search?window.location.search:"?");
        s.dynamicAccountList="mytestingreportsuite=testsuite";

        Make sure you set the standard s_account variable to whatever you want to default suite to be if the query string parameter is not found.

        If you want to set up multiple query strings to look for, then you can do that too by just changing the dynamicAccountList variable. So if I also wanted to look for the parameter of "testsuite2" and send that to "yourtestingreportsuite", then that line would look like:

        s.dynamicAccountList="mytestingreportsuite=testsuite;yourtestingreportsuite=testsuite2";

        Kevin Rogers
        http://webanalyticsland.com
        http://keystonesolutions.com

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "pauld2194" <dunphy.paul@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone ever used a specific query string parameter to use as an identifier in dynamic account matching in Omniture?
        >
        > I'm trying to see if it's possible to have something like "q=testsuite" and in the JS file setup the dynamic account matching point to the testsuite as opposed to the default Omniture report suite.
        >
        > Not sure if this is possible and if so, what the syntax would have to look like in the Omniture javascript file.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Paul

      • Ameeruddin Mohammed
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2012
          Hi,

          Do you want to change your report suite based on Query parameter in the URL?

          Can we use

          var x=getQueryParam("q");
          var url=document.location.href;
          if(url.indexof(x) != -1)
          {
          s_account="testsuite";
          }
          //else code goes here, usually s.dynamicaccountmatchlist=xxxxxx

          I also think that if condition can be used good to match spec string.

          Does this help you?

          -Ameeruddin

          On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM, pauld2194 <dunphy.paul@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Has anyone ever used a specific query string parameter to use as an
          > identifier in dynamic account matching in Omniture?
          >
          > I'm trying to see if it's possible to have something like "q=testsuite"
          > and in the JS file setup the dynamic account matching point to the
          > testsuite as opposed to the default Omniture report suite.
          >
          > Not sure if this is possible and if so, what the syntax would have to look
          > like in the Omniture javascript file.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Paul

        • pauld2194