Segmentation in SiteCatalyst v15

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25 10:45 AM
      I've read through some documentation on upgrading to v15, and how Segmentation replaces what was done previously with ASI slots. But I read that the new segmentation will only be available from the time of the upgrade going forward. Does that mean there will be no way to run any kind of segmentation for historical data prior to the upgrade besides Data Warehouse?

      thanks!
      Craig
    • sibel
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25 11:01 AM
        yes that's why you have to do it asap..
        it is because they need to move your data to the new platform which has
        this capability.
        14 does not have this capability..

        On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Craig <craigdscribner@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I've read through some documentation on upgrading to v15, and how
        > Segmentation replaces what was done previously with ASI slots. But I read
        > that the new segmentation will only be available from the time of the
        > upgrade going forward. Does that mean there will be no way to run any kind
        > of segmentation for historical data prior to the upgrade besides Data
        > Warehouse?
        >
        > thanks!
        > Craig

      • Blakeley, Robert (Rob)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25 11:08 AM
          That would be my understanding for the v15 segmentation.
          Note that your ASI history should still exist.

          Robert Blakeley | Analytics Product Manager | BI
          212.624.3854 | rblakeley@...<mailto:rblakeley@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25 1:48 PM
            Ah, I didn't realize my ASI history might still be available. Would I still
            be able to create ASI segments by logging into v14, and parsing through
            pre-v15 data?

            Thanks,

            Craig

            212.624.3854 | rblakeley@... <mailto:rblakeley%40webmd.net>
            <mailto:rblakeley@... <mailto:rblakeley%40webmd.net> >

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 26 1:32 AM
              yes you can. Your old data is safe but in v14 where you have ASI

              sibel

              On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Craig Scribner
              <craigdscribner@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Ah, I didn't realize my ASI history might still be available. Would I still
              > be able to create ASI segments by logging into v14, and parsing through
              > pre-v15 data?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Craig

            • Craig Scribner
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 26 6:21 AM
                That's great news! Thanks Sibel & Robert!

                ]