SiteCatalyst session time issue

  • Claudiu Murariu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 8:55 AM
      Hello,

      I am managing a shopping cart tracked via Site Catalyst. The tracking is
      only implemented on the shopping cart and not the rest of the website.
      In calculating cart conversion rates, there is a conversion event defined
      as: "Session Started" from which the number of completed orders are
      subtracted. Session Started is defined only once when the server side
      session gets defined.

      My first question: Is this the right way to do it? Is there a better way?

      The main problem with the method is that the shopping cart user session
      expired after 3 hours, while the Site catalyst session expires after 30
      minutes and it seems it can not be made to last longer.
      As Session Started is defined only at the begining of the 3 hours, if a
      visitors goes with more than 30 minutes between 2 clicks in the cart (and
      it happens quite often) I get a lot of "None" data in Site Catalyst.

      Have you encountered this problem before? Any ideas how this can be fixed?

      Thank you,
      Claudiu