Google Analytics maximum hit rate

  • pogonowski@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi,

      we are trying to cover form analytics with Google Analytics. It looks like this that whenever a user fails to fill one of the fields in the form (outcomes of validation), it is reported to GA. The events look to work ok but we have noticed some discrapancies.

      Digging deeper it turned out that not always all the requests are sent to Google Analytics. Example: when a user tries to file the form for the first time with many mistakes all the requests are sent: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/12ri4/90g1 but if he does straightafter try to file it for the second time with the same number of mistakes, only a few requests are sent: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/12ri4/gra5

      We dug a little bit deeper and while debugging GA in Chrome we have discoveret that after X number of requests sent the debugger shows the following error:

      Exceeded maximum hit rate. Aborting hit.

      Have you ever encountered this problem and managed to come up with the solution? Do you know what is GAs maximum hit rate?

      Thanks for help,
      Pawel
    • Stephane Hamel
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2011
        There is a limit of 500 "hits" per visit, but beyond that, I suspect the same API limits of 10 requests within 1 second might also apply.

        See http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataDeveloperGuide.html#quota

        St├ęphane Hamel
        Director, Strategic Services
        CardinalPath.com