Segmentation by URL fragments

  • Peter Hizalev
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2011
      Hello,

      Consider web site with URL fragments that define important content
      dimensions. For example if this is classifieds it would be:

      (e. g. http://www.foobar.com/north-west/seattle/bicycles/miyata-1989-blue-great-condition.html)

      Are there tools that would allow for one or two dimensional
      segmentation that could produce for example:

      (1) reply page click-through rate segmented by area, or
      (2) drop off rate segmented by both city (X axis) and category (Y axis),
      (3) highest visited city in each category?

      Is this common problem for web analytics?

      Thanks!
      Peter.
    • Paul Holding
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011
        Hi,

        I would be very interested in an answer to this myself! I had a similar problem a while back but resorted to exporting the urls to Excel and using a formula to extract the data. Very time consuming.

        Would love to hear if someone has a good solution to this too!

        Adventures of a Splitboarder
        www.paulholding.com