Client Google analytics reports read Google docs ! Why? any ideas

  • abdou_shalaby
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hi Guys,

      I have a client GA reports that track Google docs. I don't know Why!? any ideas on how to deactivate this feature?
    • misslinji
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
        Hi Abdou,

        Interesting promblem. I wonder why they tracking the google docs, but suspect it's only for published documents. It seems this would be better accomplished by using a bit.ly url for all communication of published documents.

        As for disabling it, you'll need to know how it was set-up it could either be a tracking setting or they could have embedded a 1x1 blank tracking pixel manually.

        Best of luck!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
          Hi misslinji,

          Thanks for your reply :)

          There is settings at Google docs to activate if i want to track Google docs by GA. I checked it and i found that its not activated !