Evaluating Mediamind for Tagging and ad-serving

  • arun_srini_98
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      I am evaluating 3rd party ad-serving and tagging solutions like Doubleclick, Atlas and Mediamind.

      I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide on the better platform of the three? Mediamind also offers integrated dynamic display ads which is quite useful. I know Doubleclick is integrating Teracent but it's still some way away off.

      Are there any major differences in the technology capabilities between the firms or is it mostly standardized?

      Appreciate your thoughts..
    • Herman Fuchs
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
        Hello Arun,

        We've been using both MediaMind and DoubleClick's DFA for quite a while and
        both of them are solid in terms of ad delivering, but certainly I'd
        recommend using MediaMind, mostly because its better productivity (much
        easier to create and update a campaign there), integration with
        SiteCatalyst, full API support and raw data feed (i.e. we've been tweaking
        it a lot to create out-of-the-box reports), their Excel Plug-in is also
        useful to create custom reports without entering the web interface, Flash
        plug-in with templates to create Rich Media ads and so on.

        On the flip side Atlas is outdated for a while and its reporting interface
        is a mess, don't go for it.

        Regards,

        *Herman Fuchs
        *Co-founder

        herman.fuchs@...
        Tel: +55 11 3509-1258
        Cel: +55 11 6161-1337
        Skype: herman.fuchs
        @Sysop <http://twitter.com/sysop>

        From: arun_srini_98 <arun.srini@...>
        > Date: Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:13 AM
        > Subject: [webanalytics] Evaluating Mediamind for Tagging and ad-serving
        > To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > **
        >

        > I am evaluating 3rd party ad-serving and tagging solutions like
        > Doubleclick, Atlas and Mediamind.
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide on the better platform
        > of the three? Mediamind also offers integrated dynamic display ads which is
        > quite useful. I know Doubleclick is integrating Teracent but it's still
        > some way away off.
        >
        > Are there any major differences in the technology capabilities between the
        > firms or is it mostly standardized?
        >
        > Appreciate your thoughts..

      • arun_srini_98
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
          Hi Herman,

          Thank you very much. That was just the kind of information I needed. Have you used Mediamind's Smart Versioning for creative optimization? any thoughts on it's performances?

          Thanks once again.

          Arun

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Herman Fuchs <herman.fuchs@...> wrote:

          > Hello Arun,
          >
          > We've been using both MediaMind and DoubleClick's DFA for quite a while and
          > both of them are solid in terms of ad delivering, but certainly I'd
          > recommend using MediaMind, mostly because its better productivity (much
          > easier to create and update a campaign there), integration with
          > SiteCatalyst, full API support and raw data feed (i.e. we've been tweaking
          > it a lot to create out-of-the-box reports), their Excel Plug-in is also
          > useful to create custom reports without entering the web interface, Flash
          > plug-in with templates to create Rich Media ads and so on.
          >
          > On the flip side Atlas is outdated for a while and its reporting interface
          > is a mess, don't go for it.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > *Herman Fuchs
          > *Co-founder
          >
          > herman.fuchs@...
          > Tel: +55 11 3509-1258
          > Cel: +55 11 6161-1337
          > Skype: herman.fuchs
          > @Sysop <http://twitter.com/sysop>
          >
          > From: arun_srini_98 <arun.srini@...>
          > > Date: Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:13 AM
          > > Subject: [webanalytics] Evaluating Mediamind for Tagging and ad-serving
          > > To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
          > >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I am evaluating 3rd party ad-serving and tagging solutions like
          > > Doubleclick, Atlas and Mediamind.
          > >
          > > I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide on the better platform
          > > of the three? Mediamind also offers integrated dynamic display ads which is
          > > quite useful. I know Doubleclick is integrating Teracent but it's still
          > > some way away off.
          > >
          > > Are there any major differences in the technology capabilities between the
          > > firms or is it mostly standardized?
          > >
          > > Appreciate your thoughts..

        • Herman Fuchs
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
            Good morning Arun,

            We did use SV indeed, it was quite easy to create a template with the Flash
            plug-in and use Excel or XML to provide text and image data. And you can
            check how each creative version is performing and automatically optimize
            them with CTR or conversion rate.

            It has an additional cost, so check if it's going to be inside your
            campaign budget. You're going to cut some creative production cost anyway.

            On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 13:48, arun_srini_98 <arun.srini@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi Herman,
            >
            > Thank you very much. That was just the kind of information I needed. Have
            > you used Mediamind's Smart Versioning for creative optimization? any
            > thoughts on it's performances?
            >
            > Thanks once again.
            >
            > Arun
            >

            > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Herman Fuchs <herman.fuchs@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Arun,
            > >
            > > We've been using both MediaMind and DoubleClick's DFA for quite a while
            > and
            > > both of them are solid in terms of ad delivering, but certainly I'd
            > > recommend using MediaMind, mostly because its better productivity (much
            > > easier to create and update a campaign there), integration with
            > > SiteCatalyst, full API support and raw data feed (i.e. we've been
            > tweaking
            > > it a lot to create out-of-the-box reports), their Excel Plug-in is also
            > > useful to create custom reports without entering the web interface, Flash
            > > plug-in with templates to create Rich Media ads and so on.
            > >
            > > On the flip side Atlas is outdated for a while and its reporting
            > interface
            > > is a mess, don't go for it.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > *Herman Fuchs
            > > *Co-founder
            > >
            > > herman.fuchs@...
            >
            > > Tel: +55 11 3509-1258
            > > Cel: +55 11 6161-1337
            > > Skype: herman.fuchs
            > > @Sysop <http://twitter.com/sysop>
            > >
            > > From: arun_srini_98 <arun.srini@...>
            >
            > > > Date: Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:13 AM
            > > > Subject: [webanalytics] Evaluating Mediamind for Tagging and ad-serving
            > > > To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
            > > >
            > > > **
            >

            > > > I am evaluating 3rd party ad-serving and tagging solutions like
            > > > Doubleclick, Atlas and Mediamind.
            > > >
            > > > I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide on the better
            > platform
            > > > of the three? Mediamind also offers integrated dynamic display ads
            > which is
            > > > quite useful. I know Doubleclick is integrating Teracent but it's still
            > > > some way away off.
            > > >
            > > > Are there any major differences in the technology capabilities between
            > the
            > > > firms or is it mostly standardized?
            > > >
            > > > Appreciate your thoughts..

          • arun_srini_98
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2011
              Thank you once again Herman,

              I have a demo setup with Mediamind next week which should give me a better understanding of their platform.

              Best Regards