RE: [webanalytics] Google Analytics

  • Gabriele Endress
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 31, 2011
      Hi David,

      Which blog are you using? If you use self-hosted WordPress it's easy (if
      you're not, skip the rest of this message).

      . Install the Google Analyticator Plugin

      . In the settings for that plugin, make sure you enable and
      authenticate first, then put in the account code number as requested (should
      begin with UA-)

      . Generally I leave all the other settings at default

      . Don't forget to save the settings

      And that should do it. All the blog traffic data should then appear along
      with the rest of your site in the same account.

      Gabi

      --------------------------------------
      Gabriele Endress
      Web Analytics Consultant
      Endress|Analytics LLC
      Turning your Data into Action

      <http://www.endress-analytics.com/> Endress-Analytics.com
      970-214-3008

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
        Hi David,

        It really depends on how you configured Google Analytics in your main
        website? If you are using the basic GA tracking code, then installing a GA
        add-on to your blog platform will be sufficient.

        If you have a custom GA tracking code in the main site, then you need to add
        a similar custom GA tracking code to the blog template skin. Remember that
        using the same GA tracking code customizations across all subdomains of the
        same domain will allow for all those subdomains to be tracked with one set
        of cookies whose integrity will not be affected.

        I am assuming your new blog is a sub-domain of your main site. If the blog
        is hosted under a different domain, then read my post on how to link domains
        and how to structure your account with Roll Up reporting:

        http://analytics.blogspot.com/2009/09/advanced-structure-your-account-with.h
        tml

        Once you successfully add GA to your blog don't stop there :) Learn how to
        segment your Blog commenters in Google Analytics

        http://www.e-nor.com/blog/index.php/web-analytics/segment-blog-commenters-in
        -google-analytics/

        Good luck,

        -Allaedin Ezzedin-