Re: [webanalytics] New blog post

  • Daniel Waisberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2011
      Hi Dave,

      I am sorry if I am being a bit rude, but I did not sign up for your RSS... I
      think that once in a while it is OK to post a link to your blog that might
      be relevant, but if every blogger decides to post every entry of his blog on
      this list, the forum will become overwhelming; there are a lot of people
      blogging about Web Analytics out there.

      I am not the owner or even a moderator of this forum, but I have been a
      member for a few years now and I think it is important to use it in a
      healthy way.

      Daniel

      On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Dave <tregowandave@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello all,
      >
      > My latest blog post was inspired while watching the advertising/branding
      > presentations that were run during the Omniture EMEA Summit earlier this
      > year. The featured a Formula 1 racing team, and showed the car racing around
      > the track; the tag line was, "Move at extreme velocity." This led me
      > thinking - we're analysts, but who's holding the steering wheel?
      >

      > http://davechessgames.blogspot.com/2011/07/web-analytics-who-holds-steering-wheel.html
      >
      > As always, comments and thoughts are welcome!
      >
      > Dave

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
        Hi Daniel,

        Thanks for your comment; you make a fair point. I shall consider how often I post blog updates here, and how relevant they are too. I suppose this could be a lesson in Social Media 101.

        For those who would like the more frequent updates, please follow me on Twitter @DavidLeese where I promote all mmy posts.

        Kind regards

        David

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Waisberg <dwaisberg@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dave,
        >
        > I am sorry if I am being a bit rude, but I did not sign up for your RSS... I
        > think that once in a while it is OK to post a link to your blog that might
        > be relevant, but if every blogger decides to post every entry of his blog on
        > this list, the forum will become overwhelming; there are a lot of people
        > blogging about Web Analytics out there.
        >
        > I am not the owner or even a moderator of this forum, but I have been a
        > member for a few years now and I think it is important to use it in a
        > healthy way.
        >
        > Daniel
        >
        > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Dave <tregowandave@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hello all,
        > >
        > > My latest blog post was inspired while watching the advertising/branding
        > > presentations that were run during the Omniture EMEA Summit earlier this
        > > year. The featured a Formula 1 racing team, and showed the car racing around
        > > the track; the tag line was, "Move at extreme velocity." This led me
        > > thinking - we're analysts, but who's holding the steering wheel?
        > >

        > > http://davechessgames.blogspot.com/2011/07/web-analytics-who-holds-steering-wheel.html
        > >
        > > As always, comments and thoughts are welcome!
        > >
        > > Dave

      • Wandering Dave Rhee
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
          Actually, I like the way the blog post was mentioned -- not just with a
          simple link, that essentially says, "Go read my blog," but with a short
          summary that tells us what the post is about, so we can individually decide
          if this particular post is worth clicking through to read.

          For that matter, I don't mind if people post entire blog posts to this list,
          as long as it's understood that any follow up discussion is welcome to
          happen here as well, rather than insisting someone go and reply on a blog
          comment list.

          My opinion is only mine, of course -- the viewpoints of other members of
          this forum are equally valid.

          WDave (who actually does happen to be the primary moderator here)

        • David Barber
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
            Dave, I clicked the Like button on your response

            Sincerely
            The other Dave