[JOB] Director of User Experience/Optimization; Boston, MA - full time

  • carolmtaylor@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      Director of User Experience/Optimization; Boston, MA - full time

      This international company is one of the top online retailers in the world. With revenue over $350 Million in 2010, this company is projected to grow another 50% in 2011 - no small feat in these economic times!

      We are looking for a Director of Usability who is also a Site Optimization expert.

      Responsibilities:
      Lead development of user experience solutions to the ideas generated by you, your team and other departments.
      Lead a team of interaction designers, web analytics expert and consumer researchers Partner with our internal teams/disciplines to come up with online solutions that will enable our customers to achieve their objectives.
      Identify opportunities for improving user experience, leverage web analytics and consumer research.

      Responsibilities:
      Lead market research, usability and web analytics data analysis to formulate ideas on improving user interface designs
      Collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders throughout the company to pro actively gather and understand customers, and suppliers needs
      Leads pragmatic user centric design to eliminate bottle necks in the user experience
      Incorporate the necessary tools and best practices for a healthy UX function, Develop and drive a pragmatic user-centered design approach within Product and the Direct formulation of product optimization roadmap that defines what product Leads tracking and monitoring performance of product optimizations released to production
      Evaluate and recommend improvements to company processes related to product
      Provide rich material for understanding our users through ongoing user research, Translate usability, user research and web analytics findings into actionable and measurable design improvements
      Work with developers, system engineers, and QA engineers throughout the product Manages a team of Interaction Architects, Web Analytics and User Research Experts

      Requirements:
      8+ years of interaction design / consumer research experience, with three years in the eCommerce spaceProven experience developing ECOMMERCE solutions that are cost effective,leverage mainstream technologies and work for mass market
      4+ years of management experience
      5+ years of leadership experience with problem solving and delivery of creative solutions, while keeping focus on the business and customer requirements.Established background in eCommerce, User Experience and Site Optimization
      Expertise in how consumers interact with mass market eCommerce sites
      Deep understanding of different research techniques and what should be applied in what situation
      Deep understanding of different approaches of user centric design and what approach should be applied when
      Pragmatic in approach
      Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and influence the organization
      Can understand the systems enough to know what is technical possible and what would be very hard
      Solid knowledge of web analytics tools
      Agency experience is a plus
      A portfolio of innovative, practical, and inspiring work
      Deep hands-on experience developing successful web interfaces and compelling user experiences
      A strong and practical point of view on interaction design and UX
      Ability to mentor junior team members

      Interested? Send resume, work samples & salary requirements to CarolMTaylor(at)comcast(dot)net. This is NOT a position with comcast!

      Our client is offering competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive health/dental insurance, company matching 401k plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, subsidized gym membership and other perks, including Red Sox and Bruins tickets.

      This position is 100% on site in Boston, during regular full time hours
      Will relocate within the continental U.S.
      At this time we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
      No agencies, offshore, offsite/remote talent
      Equal opportunity employer

      $1,000 Referral Bonu$ - send me a great referral for this position and if I can place him/her successfully in this full time position, you will receive a referral bonus!!!