Web Analytics Data Visualization

  • shyam_eng
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      Hi All

      I have a general query related to visualization of web analytics data.

      I am relatively novice in this field.

      Usually most of the tools that I see are the ones which present lots of data in the form of charts and graphs. It is then upto the user to delve into it and segment it further to find meaningful analysis.

      I have heard of something called visual analytics wherein we visualize the data using non standard data visualization charts. I am wondering if that can be used in web analytics for aiding the users/analysts in finding insights into data immediately by having some pre configured visualizations which can monitor a KPI for the user.

      This could be useful in SME kind of organizations where there are no analysts and they dont have to money to hire a contract analyst.

      I have not explored the paid tools much but such a feature does not exist in the freeware analytics tools as per my knowledge.

      Any thoughts

      Regards
      Shyam