Re: [webanalytics] Need eCommerce Platform Recommendation

  • Joe Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2011
      I would take a look at wordpress and just buy a nice ecommerce theme to slap
      on it.

      On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Lawrence E. Portnoff <larry@...>wrote:

      > The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
      > spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.
      >
      > They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
      > recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
      > service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
      > designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
      > was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).
      >
      > Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.
      >
      > Larry
      >
      > Lawrence E. Portnoff
      >
      > 4 Walls, Inc.
      >
      > P.O. Box 248
      >
      > Narberth, PA 19072
      >
      > larry@...

    • Edward Kay
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2011
        Look at Magento Go or Shopify

        On 9 May 2011 20:55, Lawrence E. Portnoff <larry@...> wrote:

        > The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
        > spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.
        >
        > They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
        > recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
        > service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
        > designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
        > was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).
        >
        > Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.
        >
        > Larry
        >
        > Lawrence E. Portnoff
        >
        > 4 Walls, Inc.
        >
        > P.O. Box 248
        >
        > Narberth, PA 19072
        >
        > larry@...

        Edward Kay
        Senior Project Manager

        Torchbox Ltd | Southill Park | Charlbury | OX7 3EW

        Direct: +44 (0)1608 638373
        Office: +44 (0)1608 811870
        Email: edward.kay@...
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/edwardkay
        http://www.torchbox.com

      • Steve J Racicot
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2011
          Magento will give you a nice ecommerce platform customizable and scalable
          for the future too.

          Steve

          The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
          spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.

          They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
          recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
          service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
          designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
          was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).

          Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.

          Larry

          Lawrence E. Portnoff

          4 Walls, Inc.

          P.O. Box 248

          Narberth, PA 19072

          larry@...

          ------------------------------------

          ---------------------------------------
          The Web Analytics Forum
          Founded by Eric T. Peterson (www.webanalyticsdemystified.com)
          Moderated by the Web Analytics Association (www.webanalyticsassociation.org)
          Email moderators at: webanalytics-moderators@yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups
          Links
        • Cortney Sellers
          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2011
            Honestly, my recommendation would be based on his expected product
            offerings; however, he should look at http://www.bigcommerce.com by
            Interspire. http://www.bigcommerce.com/plans.php Prices range from
            $25-300/mo. Here's a complete feature list:
            http://www.bigcommerce.com/feature-list.php

            Cortney