Need eCommerce Platform Recommendation

  • Lawrence E. Portnoff
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2011
      The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
      spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.

      They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
      recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
      service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
      designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
      was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).

      Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.

      Larry

      Lawrence E. Portnoff

      4 Walls, Inc.

      P.O. Box 248

      Narberth, PA 19072

      larry@...

    • Joe Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2011
        I would take a look at wordpress and just buy a nice ecommerce theme to slap
        on it.

        On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Lawrence E. Portnoff <larry@...>wrote:

        > The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
        > spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.
        >
        > They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
        > recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
        > service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
        > designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
        > was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).
        >
        > Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.
        >
        > Larry
        >
        > Lawrence E. Portnoff
        >
        > 4 Walls, Inc.
        >
        > P.O. Box 248
        >
        > Narberth, PA 19072
        >
        > larry@...

      • Edward Kay
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2011
          Look at Magento Go or Shopify

          On 9 May 2011 20:55, Lawrence E. Portnoff <larry@...> wrote:

          > The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
          > spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.
          >
          > They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
          > recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
          > service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
          > designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
          > was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).
          >
          > Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.
          >
          > Larry
          >
          > Lawrence E. Portnoff
          >
          > 4 Walls, Inc.
          >
          > P.O. Box 248
          >
          > Narberth, PA 19072
          >
          > larry@...

          Edward Kay
          Senior Project Manager

          Torchbox Ltd | Southill Park | Charlbury | OX7 3EW

          Direct: +44 (0)1608 638373
          Office: +44 (0)1608 811870
          Email: edward.kay@...
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/edwardkay
          http://www.torchbox.com

        • Steve J Racicot
          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2011
            Magento will give you a nice ecommerce platform customizable and scalable
            for the future too.

            Steve

            The spouse of one of my customers owns a retail pet supplies store. He
            spends 100% of his profits rescuing animals.

            They are looking to expand online and need an eCommerce platform
            recommendation with proven SEO results. I'm looking for a software as a
            service option that would be $400 or less per month. They have a web
            designer in the family who can set the site up (but choosing the platform
            was out of his league and we don't specialize in eCommerce sites either).

            Thanks in advance for helping me help them with their worthy cause.

            Larry

            Lawrence E. Portnoff

            4 Walls, Inc.

            P.O. Box 248

            Narberth, PA 19072

            larry@...

            ------------------------------------

            ---------------------------------------
            The Web Analytics Forum
            Founded by Eric T. Peterson (www.webanalyticsdemystified.com)
            Moderated by the Web Analytics Association (www.webanalyticsassociation.org)
            Email moderators at: webanalytics-moderators@yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups
            Links
          • Cortney Sellers
            Message 5 of 5 , May 9, 2011
              Honestly, my recommendation would be based on his expected product
              offerings; however, he should look at http://www.bigcommerce.com by
              Interspire. http://www.bigcommerce.com/plans.php Prices range from
              $25-300/mo. Here's a complete feature list:
              http://www.bigcommerce.com/feature-list.php

              Cortney