[JOB] Financial Times, London - Web Analyst (FT.com)

  • Tom Betts
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 6:02 PM
      http://www.careersatft.com/752-web-analyst/JobDetails.aspx

      The Financial Times are hiring a London-based Web Analyst to join their
      global analytics team.

      This role would suit someone looking for a step up in their career, possibly
      looking to diversify their skills in customer analytics and potentially
      looking for some line management responsibilities. Come and join us and help
      the FT continue to the lead the media industry in paid-for content online.

      *Web Analyst, FT.COM
      Location: Financial Times, London
      **
      Job Purpose*
      FT.com is a fast growing business within the Financial Times Group. We have
      successfully been charging for online access to our content for over a
      decade and are leading the media industry with our paid content strategy.
      Analytics now plays a significant part in this, and as a result of
      accelerated growth we are experiencing increasingly rapid product
      development and innovation. We require a Web Analyst to help us to measure
      all aspects of our business, identify new opportunities and to understand
      the impact of product changes.
      You will work at the forefront of our business with stakeholders across all
      departments (marketing, product development, advertising, editorial,
      finance, and IT) to assist with the measurement and understanding of usage
      of FT.com. You will also assist and influence this diverse internal
      client-base to provide strategic support and contribute to the planning and
      analysis of their work.
      You will be passionate about the web and already have a strong analytical
      background. At the FT you will join an industry-leading analytics team who
      are helping to lead the organisation. We are a global team (based across the
      UK, US and Asia) who get hands-on with large databases, combining the
      disciplines of both web and customer analytics. We are responsible for a
      variety of analytics including data profiling, visualisation, producing ad
      hoc analysis, executive dashboards and reports, segmentation and statistical
      analysis. With board-level support for data analytics, this role will
      involve influencing commercial and product development strategy at all
      levels across the business.
      The variety of challenges at the FT will provide scope for those with
      backgrounds in either web or customer analytics to diversify their skills.
      It also provides the opportunity to manage the day-to-day work of a small
      team of reporting analysts.

      *Main Duties and Responsibilities*
      ● Keeping abreast with new technical, product and editorial developments
      at FT.com to understand business objectives and how they may impact user
      behaviour.
      ● Influence business, product, marketing and advertising strategies by
      producing recommendations and providing insights about who our consumers are
      and how they consume our products and services.
      ● Collaboration with business stakeholders to determine new analytical
      requirements resulting from new product developments as well as changes to
      existing functionality.
      ● Create insightful and actionable reports and executive dashboards by
      extracting & distilling data from multiple sources/systems.
      ● Day to day responsibility for overseeing and prioritising incoming
      requests, managing the workload of the reporting team and ensuring the
      timeliness and quality of output
      ● Provide ad-hoc customer analysis through translation of business
      questions, design and conduct analysis, synthesise recommendations and
      present results.
      ● Assist in guiding our data strategy across multiple listening posts
      (i.e. websites, mobile channels, CRM systems, publishing systems, research).
      ● Contribute to the development process - advising product managers,
      colleagues across the FT Group and 3rd parties as to best practice for both
      collecting and using web data.

      *PERSON SPECIFICATION
      Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
      Essential
      *● Numerate degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer
      Science , Operational Research etc.
      ● Strong data analysis skills preferably including the use of one or more
      web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Webtrends
      Insight, Site Intelligence).
      ● Experience with advanced functionality of web analytics tools such as
      sales funnel analysis, capturing custom data and segmentation.
      ● Understanding and practical experience of supporting Marketing or CRM
      initiatives through the exploitation of data.
      ● Have a passion for the web and emerging technologies.
      ● Self-directed and inquiring mind with a passion & aptitude for working
      with web data.
      ● Excellent organisational skills – experience managing multiple
      competing workstreams.
      ● Thorough, inquisitive, innovative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
      ● Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical
      concepts into business/commercial recommendations. Ability to decipher
      hidden user-needs.
      ● Strong analytical capability and the ability to interpret data and
      transform into meaningful conclusions and business recommendations.
      ● Knowledgeable regarding best practice for information visualisation and
      presenting data.

      *Desirable
      *● Familiarity with SQL and the ability to analyse and combine large data
      sets using tools such as SAS, SQL Server or SPSS
      ● Experience of KPI formulation.
      ● Familiarity with data collection methodologies for web analytics,
      including awareness of HTML and javascript.
      ● Experience of A/B or multivariate testing and statistical test design.
      ● Experience of statistical analysis such as segmentation, profiling and
      propensity modelling.

      Apply now at http://www.careersatft.com/752-web-analyst/JobDetails.aspx
      <http://www.careersatft.com/752-web-analyst/JobDetails.aspx%20>or contact me
      directly if you have questions.