[JOB] Financial Times, London - Web Analyst (FT.com)
The Financial Times are hiring a London-based Web Analyst to join their
global analytics team.
This role would suit someone looking for a step up in their career, possibly
looking to diversify their skills in customer analytics and potentially
looking for some line management responsibilities. Come and join us and help
the FT continue to the lead the media industry in paid-for content online.
*Web Analyst, FT.COM
Location: Financial Times, London
FT.com is a fast growing business within the Financial Times Group. We have
successfully been charging for online access to our content for over a
decade and are leading the media industry with our paid content strategy.
Analytics now plays a significant part in this, and as a result of
accelerated growth we are experiencing increasingly rapid product
development and innovation. We require a Web Analyst to help us to measure
all aspects of our business, identify new opportunities and to understand
the impact of product changes.
You will work at the forefront of our business with stakeholders across all
departments (marketing, product development, advertising, editorial,
finance, and IT) to assist with the measurement and understanding of usage
of FT.com. You will also assist and influence this diverse internal
client-base to provide strategic support and contribute to the planning and
analysis of their work.
You will be passionate about the web and already have a strong analytical
background. At the FT you will join an industry-leading analytics team who
are helping to lead the organisation. We are a global team (based across the
UK, US and Asia) who get hands-on with large databases, combining the
disciplines of both web and customer analytics. We are responsible for a
variety of analytics including data profiling, visualisation, producing ad
hoc analysis, executive dashboards and reports, segmentation and statistical
analysis. With board-level support for data analytics, this role will
involve influencing commercial and product development strategy at all
levels across the business.
The variety of challenges at the FT will provide scope for those with
backgrounds in either web or customer analytics to diversify their skills.
It also provides the opportunity to manage the day-to-day work of a small
team of reporting analysts.
*Main Duties and Responsibilities*
● Keeping abreast with new technical, product and editorial developments
at FT.com to understand business objectives and how they may impact user
● Influence business, product, marketing and advertising strategies by
producing recommendations and providing insights about who our consumers are
and how they consume our products and services.
● Collaboration with business stakeholders to determine new analytical
requirements resulting from new product developments as well as changes to
● Create insightful and actionable reports and executive dashboards by
extracting & distilling data from multiple sources/systems.
● Day to day responsibility for overseeing and prioritising incoming
requests, managing the workload of the reporting team and ensuring the
timeliness and quality of output
● Provide ad-hoc customer analysis through translation of business
questions, design and conduct analysis, synthesise recommendations and
● Assist in guiding our data strategy across multiple listening posts
(i.e. websites, mobile channels, CRM systems, publishing systems, research).
● Contribute to the development process - advising product managers,
colleagues across the FT Group and 3rd parties as to best practice for both
collecting and using web data.
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
*● Numerate degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer
Science , Operational Research etc.
● Strong data analysis skills preferably including the use of one or more
web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Webtrends
Insight, Site Intelligence).
● Experience with advanced functionality of web analytics tools such as
sales funnel analysis, capturing custom data and segmentation.
● Understanding and practical experience of supporting Marketing or CRM
initiatives through the exploitation of data.
● Have a passion for the web and emerging technologies.
● Self-directed and inquiring mind with a passion & aptitude for working
with web data.
● Excellent organisational skills – experience managing multiple
● Thorough, inquisitive, innovative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical
concepts into business/commercial recommendations. Ability to decipher
● Strong analytical capability and the ability to interpret data and
transform into meaningful conclusions and business recommendations.
● Knowledgeable regarding best practice for information visualisation and
*● Familiarity with SQL and the ability to analyse and combine large data
sets using tools such as SAS, SQL Server or SPSS
● Experience of KPI formulation.
● Familiarity with data collection methodologies for web analytics,
● Experience of A/B or multivariate testing and statistical test design.
● Experience of statistical analysis such as segmentation, profiling and
Apply now at http://www.careersatft.com/752-web-analyst/JobDetails.aspx
<http://www.careersatft.com/752-web-analyst/JobDetails.aspx%20>or contact me
directly if you have questions.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]