Re: Couple questions regarding Google Analytics use

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2011
      Hello,

      Have you or someone in your company been accessing the thank-you page either for editing or tagging? One thing you might do which is recommended anyway that you exclude your own IP address from the statistics if you haven't already done so. We just did this recently to eliminate our internal traffic.

      Hope there is an easy solution for you.

      Regards,
      Jeremy

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "aprilzhang93" <aprilzhang93@...> wrote:

      > Hey All,
      >
      > I have encountered following questions in my work with Google Analytics, any help is greatly appreciated!
      >
      > 1.) I have set order finished goals and e-commerce tracking. But when I look at the reports, I show 59 visits under Thank-you page, which I interpret as 59 orders are completed, while E-commerce tracking shows zero revenue....what could be the problem?
      >
      > 2.) I looked at the keywords (under Overview), visits and revenues associated with each specific term and noticed following data:
      >
      > Keyword XYZ---0 visits---$400 revenue
      >
      > How is that possible?
      >
      > 3.) Under what circumstances would there be two identical mediums listed under "All Traffic Sources"? for example:
      >
      > 1. shoppingengine
      > 2. organic
      > 3. referral
      > 4. (none)
      > 5. shoppingengine
      >
      > A big thank you in advance~

    • Peter O'Neill
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 12:24 PM
        Hi,

        Quick answers...

        1.) Looks like the ecommerce code on the Thank You page isn't working while the page tracking code is. Start with investigating that.

        2.) Avinash described this a couple of months ago, likely cause is when someone re-entered the website within 30min on keyword XYZ and then made a purchase. The keyword is allocated 0 visits (that visit is attributed to the first method of entry) but receives credit for the purchase. http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/2011/02/web-analytics-frequently-asked-questions-direct-answers.html

        3.) um - is there a space at the end of one of them? e.g. "shoppingengine "

        Cheers

        Peter