Re: [webanalytics] Re: Interesting Blurb about paid GA comign soon... Any Insights?

  • Julio Imazio
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 7, 2011
      It's not just a rumor. That's all I can say...
      ;)

      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Matt Curtis
      <matt.curtis@...>wrote:

      > They don't really provide much information about this. What added
      > functionality might it include?
      >
      > It would be pretty great if they combined a tag management system with a
      > web
      > analytics tool - think that would be pretty Google of them.
      >
      > On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Shawna Martin
      > <smartin@...>wrote:
      >

      > > I saw a tweet about paid GA yesterday but the link didn't work. Perhaps
      > > this
      > > is the same blurb? I have to wonder if it's simply a rumor as well.
      > >
      > > Shawna Martin
      > >
      > > LMI ADVERTISING
      > >
      > > Financial Controller
      > >
      > > 24E East Roseville Road
      > > Lancaster, PA 17601
      > > p 717.569.8826 ext. 21
      > > f 717.569.9463
      > > www.lmiadvertising.com
      > >
      > > FOLLOW US:
      > > <blocked::
      > > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lancaster-PA/LMI-Advertising/6420009
      > > 6769> f <blocked::http://twitter.com/LMIAdvertising> t

    • Peter O'Neill
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 9, 2011
        I think it is logical step for Google to release a paid version of GA, even if the only additional features are a SLA and dedicated servers. I don't have any inside information but all the hints suggest that something is on its way.

        My take on why it makes sense for Google and what would be included can be found at http://bit.ly/g2QDHB. This was following on from a post by Adam Greco which is at http://bit.ly/gzY8iF.

        Cheers

        Peter
        L3 Analytics

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Beane" <ebeane@...> wrote:

        > Was sent this today from a colleague, has anyone heard rumors? Will be interesting if it is true, maybe they will offer a competitor to Omniture Data Warehouse???
        >
        > http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/1053142/Google-launch-paid-for-analytics-package/
        >
        > Eric Beane
        > ebeane@...

      • Zakrajsek, Scott
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 9, 2011
          Calling all Omniture gods...

          I have recently begun to import numeric 2 classifications to my Products
          data in SiteCatalyst. Here's my issue: Currently the products have a
          dozen or so (text) classifications assigned to them such as Category
          groupings, vendor ids, etc. Now I am looking to add unit cost data to
          the Products via a numeric 2 classification. I was successful in
          creating the child classification "Cost" with a rate/hinge set to unit.
          This is great, all of the cost data looks perfect when I run a
          "products" report in SC. However, when I view reports for any of the
          text-based classifications the new Cost metric is not visible.

          Is there a way to implement numeric 2 metrics can roll-up to other
          text-based classifications? I'm sure I could probably go the route of a
          DB vista rule, but I'd rather tackle this through SAINT if possible.

          2nd question, I'm not seeing the new Cost metric available in Discover.
          Are numeric 2 classifications only available in SC?

          Thanks!

          Scott

        • Pinda Bazley
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 9, 2011
            Hello,

            I am looking for recommendation on free SEO analysis tools. Please advise.

            Thanks,
            Pinda

          • Raghu Kashyap
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 10, 2011
              Try these

              http://www.seoworkers.com/tools/analyzer.html

              http://www.seomoz.org/

              -Raghu

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 10, 2011
                Does anyone know what, if anything, can be learned from traffic from a
                Twitter link? For example, can you get the id of who tweeter?

                Ben Bloch

              • Pierre DeBois
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 11, 2011
                  Hi Ben,

                  Not 100% on the functionality because I have not tried yet, but I know
                  Unilyzer has a free URL shortner that can link a retweeted tweet to a Google
                  Analytics account. The advantage is that you can see if certain messages
                  are driving visitors to the site, which you can then make a link between
                  your messages and engagement on a tagged site. Twitter-related traffic can
                  appear in your referral sources, but the challenge is that you really don't
                  know what messages encouraged a site visit - you just know in aggregate that
                  your Twitter participation encouraged a site.

                  There are tools that can provide a full look at Twitter and Facebook visits,
                  along with Google Analytics--Hootsuite Pro has a such an arrangement. But
                  many of them do not provide advance segmentation views or un-siloed looks at
                  the data. It's more of a bring everything-together-and-that's-it deal.

                  I am adding the Unilyzer link http://www.unilyzer.net/

                  Plus there is also an article on tracking links in Google Analytics

                  http://www.unilyzer.com/social-media-marketing/how-to-track-links-using-google-analytics/

                  There are other ideas out there, but I hope this is a help to you

                  Hope this helps

                  Pierre
                  On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Ben Bloch <ben.bloch@...> wrote:

                  > Does anyone know what, if anything, can be learned from traffic from a
                  > Twitter link? For example, can you get the id of who tweeter?
                  >
                  > Ben Bloch

                • Jeff Katz
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 11, 2011
                    Twitalyzer actually has some of this functionality with our Google Analytics
                    integration

                    http://getsatisfaction.com/twitalyzer/topics/activity_versus_analytics
                    http://getsatisfaction.com/twitalyzer/topics/site_referrals

                    -- Jeff

                    On 2/11/11 7:42 AM, "Pierre DeBois" <plgdebois@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Ben,
                    >
                    > Not 100% on the functionality because I have not tried yet, but I know
                    > Unilyzer has a free URL shortner that can link a retweeted tweet to a Google
                    > Analytics account. The advantage is that you can see if certain messages
                    > are driving visitors to the site, which you can then make a link between
                    > your messages and engagement on a tagged site. Twitter-related traffic can
                    > appear in your referral sources, but the challenge is that you really don't
                    > know what messages encouraged a site visit - you just know in aggregate that
                    > your Twitter participation encouraged a site.
                    >
                    > There are tools that can provide a full look at Twitter and Facebook visits,
                    > along with Google Analytics--Hootsuite Pro has a such an arrangement. But
                    > many of them do not provide advance segmentation views or un-siloed looks at
                    > the data. It's more of a bring everything-together-and-that's-it deal.
                    >
                    > I am adding the Unilyzer link http://www.unilyzer.net/
                    >
                    > Plus there is also an article on tracking links in Google Analytics
                    >
                    > http://www.unilyzer.com/social-media-marketing/how-to-track-links-using-google
                    > -analytics/
                    >
                    > There are other ideas out there, but I hope this is a help to you
                    >
                    > Hope this helps
                    >
                    > Pierre
                    > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Ben Bloch <ben.bloch@...
                    > <mailto:ben.bloch%40verizon.net> > wrote:
                    >

                    >> > Does anyone know what, if anything, can be learned from traffic from a
                    >> > Twitter link? For example, can you get the id of who tweeter?
                    >> >
                    >> > Ben Bloch

                  • Jamie Frank
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 11, 2011
                      Hey Pinda,

                        Saw your post.  Have you reached out to Derrick Wheeler?  He'd be a good start.  If you just want a free tool, I'd strongly encourage you to look at SEOMoz.   I hear there's also an internal tool at MSFT to help with SEO.

                        Hope that helps.
                      Jamie Frank

                      I am looking for recommendation on free SEO analysis tools. Please advise.

                      Thanks,

                      Pinda

                    • drufort
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 13, 2011
                        Hi Guys,

                        I have been using HootSuite for all of my social media. An added bonus is that there Stats section integrates with Google Analytics so you can attribute traffic to tweet annotations or right down to the geo level. When you tweet via HootSuite you use their URL shortener which automatically syncs up with GA.

                        Hope that helps.

                        Drew Fortin
                        http://www.twitter.com/fortin

                        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Katz <ajkatz99@...> wrote:

                        > Twitalyzer actually has some of this functionality with our Google Analytics
                        > integration
                        >
                        > http://getsatisfaction.com/twitalyzer/topics/activity_versus_analytics
                        > http://getsatisfaction.com/twitalyzer/topics/site_referrals
                        >
                        > -- Jeff
                        >
                        > On 2/11/11 7:42 AM, "Pierre DeBois" <plgdebois@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi Ben,
                        > >
                        > > Not 100% on the functionality because I have not tried yet, but I know
                        > > Unilyzer has a free URL shortner that can link a retweeted tweet to a Google
                        > > Analytics account. The advantage is that you can see if certain messages
                        > > are driving visitors to the site, which you can then make a link between
                        > > your messages and engagement on a tagged site. Twitter-related traffic can
                        > > appear in your referral sources, but the challenge is that you really don't
                        > > know what messages encouraged a site visit - you just know in aggregate that
                        > > your Twitter participation encouraged a site.
                        > >
                        > > There are tools that can provide a full look at Twitter and Facebook visits,
                        > > along with Google Analytics--Hootsuite Pro has a such an arrangement. But
                        > > many of them do not provide advance segmentation views or un-siloed looks at
                        > > the data. It's more of a bring everything-together-and-that's-it deal.
                        > >
                        > > I am adding the Unilyzer link http://www.unilyzer.net/
                        > >
                        > > Plus there is also an article on tracking links in Google Analytics
                        > >
                        > > http://www.unilyzer.com/social-media-marketing/how-to-track-links-using-google
                        > > -analytics/
                        > >
                        > > There are other ideas out there, but I hope this is a help to you
                        > >
                        > > Hope this helps
                        > >
                        > > Pierre

                      • Ben Bloch
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 15, 2011
                          Pierre, I will take a look at these. In addition to aggregate referral
                          data, I'd like ideally to get id on the link "clicker" as well as the link
                          sender. A retweet button may be the best approach but exploring what may be
                          possible in lieu of a retweet . Everything together may be OK since I assume
                          can then mine for specific patterns.

                          Thanks!

                          _____

                          Not 100% on the functionality because I have not tried yet, but I know
                          Unilyzer has a free URL shortner that can link a retweeted tweet to a Google
                          Analytics account. The advantage is that you can see if certain messages
                          are driving visitors to the site, which you can then make a link between
                          your messages and engagement on a tagged site. Twitter-related traffic can
                          appear in your referral sources, but the challenge is that you really don't
                          know what messages encouraged a site visit - you just know in aggregate that
                          your Twitter participation encouraged a site.

                          There are tools that can provide a full look at Twitter and Facebook visits,
                          along with Google Analytics--Hootsuite Pro has a such an arrangement. But
                          many of them do not provide advance segmentation views or un-siloed looks at
                          the data. It's more of a bring everything-together-and-that's-it deal.

                          I am adding the Unilyzer link http://www.unilyzer.net/

                          Plus there is also an article on tracking links in Google Analytics

                          http://www.unilyzer.com/social-media-marketing/how-to-track-links-using-goog
                          le-analytics/

                          There are other ideas out there, but I hope this is a help to you

                          Hope this helps

                          Pierre
                          On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Ben Bloch <ben.bloch@...
                          <mailto:ben.bloch%40verizon.net> > wrote:

                          > Does anyone know what, if anything, can be learned from traffic from a
                          > Twitter link? For example, can you get the id of who tweeter?
                          >
                          > Ben Bloch

                        • Ben Bloch
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 15, 2011
                            Jeff, thanks for links - look very interesting. I'll have to look more
                            closely at your tool. I have a couple followups if you don't mind.

                            Under the site_referrals link, it says:

                            "The Twitter users listed in the report are people who have linked to the
                            site (or sites) you are tracking. The Google Analytics metrics (Visits, New
                            Visits, Page Views and Bounce Rate) reported tell you about people clicking
                            from those updates on Twitter.com."

                            Sounds like this refers only to the people who added the link to their tweet
                            and not to the people who click on the link. Is that correct?

                            Also:

                            "If we don't know the user sending traffic we will show a question mark
                            ("?") next to their name. Click the question mark and we will process that
                            visitor in real-time."

                            What does clicking "?" actually do? Does it try to figure out what it
                            couldn't on first pass?

                            /Ben

                            _____

                            <mailto:plgdebois%40gmail.com> > wrote:

                            > Hi Ben,
                            >
                            > Not 100% on the functionality because I have not tried yet, but I know
                            > Unilyzer has a free URL shortner that can link a retweeted tweet to a
                            Google
                            > Analytics account. The advantage is that you can see if certain messages
                            > are driving visitors to the site, which you can then make a link between
                            > your messages and engagement on a tagged site. Twitter-related traffic can
                            > appear in your referral sources, but the challenge is that you really
                            don't
                            > know what messages encouraged a site visit - you just know in aggregate
                            that
                            > your Twitter participation encouraged a site.
                            >
                            > There are tools that can provide a full look at Twitter and Facebook
                            visits,
                            > along with Google Analytics--Hootsuite Pro has a such an arrangement. But
                            > many of them do not provide advance segmentation views or un-siloed looks
                            at
                            > the data. It's more of a bring everything-together-and-that's-it deal.
                            >
                            > I am adding the Unilyzer link http://www.unilyzer.net/
                            >
                            > Plus there is also an article on tracking links in Google Analytics

                            http://www.unilyzer.com/social-media-marketing/how-to-track-links-using-goog
                            le
                            > -analytics/
                            >
                            > There are other ideas out there, but I hope this is a help to you
                            >
                            > Hope this helps
                            >
                            > Pierre
                            > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Ben Bloch <ben.bloch@...
                            <mailto:ben.bloch%40verizon.net>
                            > <mailto:ben.bloch%40verizon.net> > wrote:
                            >

                            >> > Does anyone know what, if anything, can be learned from traffic from a
                            >> > Twitter link? For example, can you get the id of who tweeter?
                            >> >
                            >> > Ben Bloch

                          • prashant pracheta
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 20, 2011
                              Hi Pinda,

                              Please have a look on below SEO Analysis tools:
                              www.websitegrader.com
                              www.freeseoreport.com

                              I suggest you to take insights from these tools and then use your knowledge and experience for better SEO analysis.

                              Thanks & Regards
                              Prashant Kumar Pracheta

                              I am looking for recommendation on free SEO analysis tools. Please advise.

                              Thanks,

                              Pinda

                            • Suzy Turnbull
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 21, 2011
                                Hi Pinda,

                                I'm doing a free trial with DIY SEO at the moment which is a very
                                interesting and useful tool. But its only really in USA/English
                                at the moment.

                                Suzy Turnbull