Re: [webanalytics] Re: Debugging on mobile app on mobile phone

  • Ramjee Ganti
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi Sibel,

      I did not mean viewing mobile native app in the browser.

      I am a developer, so I have the application running inside emulator
      (Android). The following post gives detailed instructions on using fiddler
      with Android emulator<http://aurir.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/tutorial-getting-android-emulator-working-with-fiddler-http-proxy-tool/>.
      (It should not be very different to configure Charles to work with the
      emulator).

      rAm

      i Think, i Wait, i Fast -- Siddhartha
      http://sodidi.ramjeeganti.com

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:50 PM, sibel <airsibel@...> wrote:

      > Ramjee,
      >
      > How do you debug native app on your computer? I debug mobile web on my
      > computer through Charles but I have no way of viewing mobile app on my
      > computer browser.
      > Maybe there is a way that I don't know.
      >
      > Greg,
      > Yes I saw that article. But I am wondering if there is anything more simple
      > out there.
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Greg Dowling <gdowling@...<gdowling%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Hi Sibel -
      > >
      > > I have found this blog post helpful -
      > >
      > http://blogs.omniture.com/2010/05/13/validate-your-mobile-app-measurement-implementation/
      > >
      > > I have found using Charles in proxy server mode the simplest method.
      > >
      > > HTH
      > >
      > > -Greg
      > >

      > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com><webanalytics%
      > 40yahoogroups.com>,
      >
      > > sibel <airsibel@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Guys,
      > > >
      > > > Is there any tool to help me to debug Omniture code for Iphone and
      > > Android
      > > > application? And ideally I like to debug it on the phone:)
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your help
      > > > sibel

    • sibel
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
        Thanks Ramjee
        I think I figured out a way to test..
        Either i will sniff the wi-fi connection or i will use IOS emulator on my
        MAC with the source files

        sibel