Re: Business Courses on Analytics

  • bradlen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2010
      To my knowledge such a course does not exist at present. I think you will end up creating your program, mixing things on offer with vendor training (I'm sure Omniture would be delighted to spend time with you)

      My favourite is of course the WAA
      http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/?page=education

      But this is distance Learning, not in London.

      Another place to look is at the CAM Foundation Diploma in Digital Marketing (CAM is a part of the Chartered Institute of Marketing)

      These are more basic than you expect but do give traditional grounding
      in Marketing and basic Web Analytics is a feature using GA. New "Advanced" units are being planned. Centres in London deliver this qualification.

      see http://www.camfoundation.com/

      Regards

      Nigel Bradley, University of Westminster

      ------------------

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Amit siwal <amit.siwal@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I was looking to take up some advanced webanaytics training course in
      > London.
      >
      > My Objectives are:
      >
      > - To be able to lead implementation of analytics as a tool across a big
      > organization(online ecomm business with presence across geographies)
      > - Defining organization wide KPIs for various types of online businesses
      > with varying online behaviour esp E-Comm
      > - Detailed Omniture overview
      >
      > Any recommendations? Are the courses tools specific? I am familiar with
      > GA/Piwik but want to build my knowledge on more business/management side of
      > analytics ....
      >
      > thanks in advance for any tips
      >
      > amit

    • amina
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2010
        Hello,

        I have undertook the UBC Web Analytics Online Certificate and the 4th course (the last) of the certificate was specially about the management/business side of Analytics and how to implement it on companies etc... hope that helps!
        (UBC= University Of British Columbia, (in Canada))

      • Tina Einkauf
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
          Hi Amina,

          Can you talk a little bit more about the UBC Web Analytics program? I know
          it's recommended to people who want to get in Web Analytics without prior
          experience. Can you share with me a little more about how the program might
          have helped you, is it worthwhile the time and money, etc?

          I am seriously contemplating on undertaking some kind of certificate program
          to get in digital marketing and I think web analytics is a big part of it.
          However, I am having a hard time deciding whether I should be looking at a
          more "marketing" focused program or "web analytics" focused one.

          Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

        • Stephane Hamel
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2010
            Another possibility: graduate-level course on online analytics I'm teaching at Laval University (in French, but soon to be available in English). I just wrote a post about it at http://blog.immeria.net/2010/12/web-analytics-business-education-at.html

            immeria - an immersion in analytics
            Stéphane Hamel, MBA, CWA
            - eBusiness Strategist & Online Analytics advocate!
            - Board of Director & Treasurer, Web Analytics Association
            - Tutor, UBC Award of Achievement in Web Analytics
            - Teacher, Université Laval
            Web: http://immeria.net
            Twitter: http://twitter.com/immeria
            LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/shamel