[JOB] Financial Times, New York - Senior Web Data Analyst (FT.com)

  • Tom Betts
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      http://www.careersatft.com/571-senior-web-data-analyst/JobDetails.aspx*
      *

      *SENIOR WEB DATA ANALYST, FT.COM**
      Location: New York, NY
      *

      *JOB DESCRIPTION**
      *

      *Job Purpose *

      FT.com is a fast growing business within the Financial Times Group. As a
      result of accelerated growth we are experiencing increasingly rapid product
      development and innovation. We require a Senior Web Data Analyst to help us
      to identify new opportunities and to understand the impact that these
      changes have on our business.
      You will work at the forefront of our business with stakeholders across all
      departments (marketing, product development, advertising, finance,
      editorial, and IT) to plan and understand key product changes and their
      intended business impact.
      You will be passionate about the web and already have a strong background in
      web analytics. In addition, you acknowledge that using web data alone only
      provides part of the picture. At the FT you will join an industry-leading
      analytics team who are helping to lead the organisation. With board-level
      support for data analytics, this role will involve influencing corporate
      strategy across the business. You will be working across multiple data
      sources to provide joined-up strategic support to a wide internal
      client-base. You will be comfortable getting hands-on with large databases,
      joining data-sets, profiling, segmentation, producing analytical reporting
      and summary presentations.

      *Main Duties and Responsibilities*

      ● Keeping abreast with new technical, product and editorial developments at
      FT.com to understand business objectives and how they may impact user
      behaviour.
      ● Influence business, product, marketing and advertising strategies by
      producing recommendations and providing insights about who our consumers are
      and how they consume our products and services.
      ● Collaboration with business stakeholders to determine new analytical
      requirements resulting from product changes as well as changes to existing
      functionality.
      ● Provide ad-hoc customer analysis through translation of business
      questions, design and conduct analysis, synthesise recommendations and
      present results.
      ● Create insightful and actionable executive dashboards by extracting &
      distilling data from multiple sources/systems.
      ● Assist in guiding our data strategy across multiple listening posts (i.e.
      websites, mobile channels, CRM systems, publishing systems, research).
      ● Contribute to the development process - advising product managers,
      colleagues across the FT Group and 3rd parties as to best practice for both
      collecting and using web data.

      *Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience*

      Essential:

      ● Numerate degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science
      , Operational Research etc.
      ● Strong data analysis skills including the use of one or more web analytics
      tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Webtrends Insight, Site
      Intelligence).
      ● Experience with advanced functionality of web analytics tools such as
      sales funnel analysis, capturing custom data and segmentation.
      ● Understanding and practical experience of supporting Marketing/CRM
      initiatives through the exploitation of data.
      ● Have a passion for the web and emerging technologies.
      ● Self-directed and inquiring mind with a passion & aptitude for working
      with web data.
      ● Thorough, inquisitive, innovative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
      ● Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical
      concepts into business/commercial recommendations. Ability to decipher
      hidden user-needs.
      ● Strong analytical capability and the ability to interpret data and
      transform into meaningful conclusions and business recommendations.
      ● Experience of statistical analysis such as segmentation, profiling and
      propensity modelling.
      ● Ability to analyse and combine large data sets using tools such as SAS,
      SQL Server or SPSS.

      *Desirable:*
      ● Familiarity with:
      ○ Structured Query Language (‘SQL’)
      ○ Database design
      ● Knowledgeable regarding best practice for information visualisation and
      presenting data.
      ● Experience of KPI formulation.
      ● Familiarity with data collection methodologies for web analytics,
      including awareness of HTML and javascript.
      ● Experience of A/B or multivariate testing and statistical test design.

      The Financial Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

      Applications:
      http://www.careersatft.com/571-senior-web-data-analyst/JobDetails.aspx

      ****

      Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,

      Tom