[JOB] Financial Times, New York - Senior Web Data Analyst (FT.com)
*SENIOR WEB DATA ANALYST, FT.COM**
Location: New York, NY
*Job Purpose *
FT.com is a fast growing business within the Financial Times Group. As a
result of accelerated growth we are experiencing increasingly rapid product
development and innovation. We require a Senior Web Data Analyst to help us
to identify new opportunities and to understand the impact that these
changes have on our business.
You will work at the forefront of our business with stakeholders across all
departments (marketing, product development, advertising, finance,
editorial, and IT) to plan and understand key product changes and their
intended business impact.
You will be passionate about the web and already have a strong background in
web analytics. In addition, you acknowledge that using web data alone only
provides part of the picture. At the FT you will join an industry-leading
analytics team who are helping to lead the organisation. With board-level
support for data analytics, this role will involve influencing corporate
strategy across the business. You will be working across multiple data
sources to provide joined-up strategic support to a wide internal
client-base. You will be comfortable getting hands-on with large databases,
joining data-sets, profiling, segmentation, producing analytical reporting
and summary presentations.
*Main Duties and Responsibilities*
● Keeping abreast with new technical, product and editorial developments at
FT.com to understand business objectives and how they may impact user
● Influence business, product, marketing and advertising strategies by
producing recommendations and providing insights about who our consumers are
and how they consume our products and services.
● Collaboration with business stakeholders to determine new analytical
requirements resulting from product changes as well as changes to existing
● Provide ad-hoc customer analysis through translation of business
questions, design and conduct analysis, synthesise recommendations and
● Create insightful and actionable executive dashboards by extracting &
distilling data from multiple sources/systems.
● Assist in guiding our data strategy across multiple listening posts (i.e.
websites, mobile channels, CRM systems, publishing systems, research).
● Contribute to the development process - advising product managers,
colleagues across the FT Group and 3rd parties as to best practice for both
collecting and using web data.
*Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience*
● Numerate degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science
, Operational Research etc.
● Strong data analysis skills including the use of one or more web analytics
tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Webtrends Insight, Site
● Experience with advanced functionality of web analytics tools such as
sales funnel analysis, capturing custom data and segmentation.
● Understanding and practical experience of supporting Marketing/CRM
initiatives through the exploitation of data.
● Have a passion for the web and emerging technologies.
● Self-directed and inquiring mind with a passion & aptitude for working
with web data.
● Thorough, inquisitive, innovative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical
concepts into business/commercial recommendations. Ability to decipher
● Strong analytical capability and the ability to interpret data and
transform into meaningful conclusions and business recommendations.
● Experience of statistical analysis such as segmentation, profiling and
● Ability to analyse and combine large data sets using tools such as SAS,
SQL Server or SPSS.
● Familiarity with:
○ Structured Query Language (‘SQL’)
○ Database design
● Knowledgeable regarding best practice for information visualisation and
● Experience of KPI formulation.
● Familiarity with data collection methodologies for web analytics,
● Experience of A/B or multivariate testing and statistical test design.
The Financial Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]