[JOB] Hiring Sr. Analyst/Manager of Business Intelligence for Evite.com (LA area)
Senior Analyst/Manager, Business Intelligence
With more than 22 million registered users and over 25,000 invitations sent each hour, Evite is the top online invitation and social planning website. Evite helps hosts get their parties started with hundreds of stylish invitation designs that are free and easy to use. In addition to invitations, Evite also offers a wealth of creative party ideas, planning checklists and other tools, which save hosts both time and money.Evite is an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI).
Title: Senior Analyst/Manager, Business Intelligence
Reports to: President, Evite
Location: West Hollywood, LA
The Senior Anlayst/Manager, Business Intelligence will be a technical professional who will focus on helping to collect, analyze, and present metrics that drive the business.
In the short-term (first 6 months), the business intelligence role will be focused on supporting operational reporting needs while working with the technology group to design a long-term business intelligence solution.
* Responsible for analyzing website performance and trends to provide important business insights as well as recommendation for performance optimization.
* Maintenance of weekly, monthly, and quarterly dashboard and scorecard reporting as well as standard day-to-day reporting needs.
* Utilization of web analytic tools to serve as expert of reporting analysis for internal metrics and teams.
* Support the analytic needs of Evite by analyzing web traffic using click-stream tools (Omniture and Google Analytics).
* Assess and conduct critical conversion path analysis.
* Work closely with Technology team to troubleshoot and resolve reporting environment issues.
* Coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations.
* Completion of Multivariate and A/B testing analysis (from hypothesis creation to influencing creative staff to identifying success metrics) and post-test analysis.
* Documentation relating to existing processes and suggestion / presentations for improving those processes.
For the long-term, the business intelligence role will involve more high level analysis.
* Create business models, synthesize data, conduct analysis, and make strategic business recommendations.
* Lead driving core insights from the data to suggest, create and execute multivariate or A/B tests that drive fundamental improvements to the site experience.
* Business requirements synthesized from multiple sources including product managers, development teams, and functional group members.
* Work with business units to enhance/introduce new reporting methods and adapt to the platform changes.
* Participate in training and developing best practice which can be leveraged and uses by other team members.
* Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improving campaign targeting and measurement in the future.
* Work with Product & Technology groups to document, develop and execute business specific data solutions.
* Support any Marketing and/or Product promotions and campaigns.
Short-Term (first 6 months)
* Advanced Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookup, VBA macros).
* Experience with web analytics software (Omniture, Google Analytics).
* 1-3 years experience writing SQL queries.
* Solid understanding of relational as well as multidimensional database architecture.
* Track record working with data from multiple sources an analysis tools willingness to dig-in and understand data and to drive creative thinking and problem solving.
* Two years of experience in web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, logging and tagging, and KPI reporting.
* High level of expertise with Business Intelligence tools; experience writing and tuning sql queries in a online or offline environment.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
* Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Bachelors degree.
* 2-5 years experience delivering Business Intelligence content to end users using various front end tools (Crystal Reports, Hyperion)
* Excellent SQL skills: Oracle (10g) and MySQL preferred.
* Strong business orientation and acumen; being accountable for results.
* An understanding of SEM / PPC and SEO strategies is preferred but not required.
* Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques a plus.
* MBA preferred or in progress.