How can the conversion rate of one goal be over 100%?

  • drogenfranz2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2010
      I have a question regarding Google Analytics. I have set up a goal whose conversion rate is way over 100% for some campaigns. Any ideas how this can happen?

      It is the conversion rate for a single goal, not the cumulated conversion rate of several goals that GA always displays as well.

      I have 419 visits and a 212% conversion rate in one goal for example. The goal is verified through a RegEx that includes several pages.

      This does not only happen with this one goal, that is just an example.

      But there are only a few other campaigns with a Conversion Rate higher than 100%.

      It is possible to reach that goal several times during one visit (that is, to visit the page that triggers the goal, but as far as I know, GA allows only one conversion per goal per visit, so that shouldn't cause these strange numbers?