A/B. Mutlivariate Testing and Targeting Case Studies

  • Anil Batra
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2010
      I am working on a eBook on the above subject (A/B. Multivariate Testing
      and Targeting Case Studies). If you have a case study or interesting
      story to share please ping me offline.

      Thanks

      Anil

      Anil Batra

      VP of Search & Analytics

      POP

      PH +1 206.224.0592

      MO +1 206.612.6917

      FX +1 206.728.1144

      http://www.pop.us <http://www.pop.us/>

    • paraschopra87
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2010
        Hi Anil,

        We have lots of A/B and Multivariate testing case studies on our website: http://visualwebsiteoptimizer.com/case-studies.php ; please feel free to use them in your ebook.

        Also, having seen thousands of tests done by our users, I have come to realize some general patterns in testing and optimization that companies generally follow. Please ping me (paras {at} wingify) if you would like to discuss them.

        -Paras Chopra

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Anil Batra" <anil.batra@...> wrote:

        > I am working on a eBook on the above subject (A/B. Multivariate Testing
        > and Targeting Case Studies). If you have a case study or interesting
        > story to share please ping me offline.
        >

        > Thanks
        >
        > Anil
        >

        > Anil Batra
        >
        > VP of Search & Analytics
        >

        > POP
        >

        > PH +1 206.224.0592
        >
        > MO +1 206.612.6917
        >
        > FX +1 206.728.1144
        >
        > http://www.pop.us <http://www.pop.us/>

      • Blakeley, Robert (Rob)
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2010
          Links have a click through rate. After a user clicks on a link, they consume some number of other pages in their visit.

          For most sites, the click through rate of that link is important. It measure the ability of the link to convert to an action. This conversion rate is calculated clicks/impressions.

          For media sites, the number of pages consumed after that click is important. This is also a conversion metric. This is typically expressed as a rate of consumption calculated by the page views / visits where the page view count begins after the click. (This is also called page velocity or page velocity consumption).

          Now, one should be comparing the CTR of various links with the PVC that follows. Sometimes a link can have a high CTR but a low PVC. That means the link is might be driving to the wrong content for the audience (remember this is a media site metric, they like high PV counts). Other times you can have a link with low CTR but high PVC. In this case, perhaps the link is below the fold and should be repositioned.

          It would be nice to have a number to express the relationship between the CTR and the PVC; in effect the yield of the link. I have created a metric that does that. However, there is more than one method to get at the intent. I'm interested in hearing how others might have made such a calculation.

          Robert Blakeley | Product Manager | BI
          212.624.3854