Re: Pharma Analytics

  • Halfcalf
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      Michael.

      I work with a large Pharma as a consultant in the digital area using web metrics, social media monitoring, etc.

      Seth

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mjmayerjr@...> wrote:

      > Hello fellow Analysts!
      >
      > I have recently started at a new agency where all of our clients are Pharmaceuticals. I would like to know if anyone out there has experience in how to provide the most actionable data to a client in an industry that is very strict and has no online purchase behavior.
      >
      > I am looking to get away from standard reporting. Any deep dive or segmentation advice would be great.
      >
      > I would love to share notes and learnings with other people within Pharma Web Analytics.
      >
      > Let me know if anyone else is out there and thank you in advance!
      >
      > -Mike

    • marcela_plana
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2 8:52 AM
        Hello Michael,

        > I have recently started at a new agency where all
        > of our clients are Pharmaceuticals.

        Just out of curiosity: Doesn't that create a conflict of interests, if your customers are competitors to each other?

        Thank you,
        M.
      • a8llison
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2 10:22 AM
          Hi Mike,

          I handle one of the largest pharma companies out there via my consulting role with Semphonic. When you talk about providing actionable data, it really falls into two parts: capture and presentation.

          So my first question is what is the company already capturing on the site? If it's just the basics, then you may need to add more depth (and probably QA the data quality). If you have a robust solution in place, then you can do much more.

          For example, you could segment by audience (caregiver, patient), drug use (some are approved for multiple uses), and all kinds of measures of engagement. There should be a list of what's tagged in your web analytics tool - pay special attention to the custom settings.

          I'm happy to share more thoughts with you if you want to give me a call or send a note.

          All the best,
          Allison

          503-746-6971

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mjmayerjr@...> wrote:

          > Hello fellow Analysts!
          >
          > I have recently started at a new agency where all of our clients are Pharmaceuticals. I would like to know if anyone out there has experience in how to provide the most actionable data to a client in an industry that is very strict and has no online purchase behavior.
          >
          > I am looking to get away from standard reporting. Any deep dive or segmentation advice would be great.
          >
          > I would love to share notes and learnings with other people within Pharma Web Analytics.
          >
          > Let me know if anyone else is out there and thank you in advance!
          >
          > -Mike

        • Michael
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4 8:55 AM
            If you are speaking to all the clients being in the pharma vertical then no. As targets vary greatly by condition treated.

            If you are speaking of sharing some thoughts, it would obviously be neccesary to remove brand names and some of the condition treated information (if it could link directly to one specific brand). The talks would be more around analysis methodologies.

            Does that answer your question?

            -Mike

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "marcela_plana" <marcela.plana@...> wrote:

            > Hello Michael,
            >
            > > I have recently started at a new agency where all
            > > of our clients are Pharmaceuticals.
            >
            > Just out of curiosity: Doesn't that create a conflict of interests, if your customers are competitors to each other?
            >
            > Thank you,
            > M.

          • marcela_plana
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6 2:37 AM
              Hello Mike,

              > If you are speaking to all the clients being in the
              > pharma vertical then no. As targets vary greatly
              > by condition treated.
              >
              > If you are speaking of sharing some thoughts, ...

              Yes, of course I understand confidentiality between customers -- a must in any business. I was just curious about strategic decision-making, particularly in matters related to competition studies and market share.

              However, I can see you are handling it very well :-)

              Best of lucks with your business!
            • Mike Bradley
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7 4:44 AM
                Marcela - Mike - All.

                I would be interested in discussing BI/Analytics for Pharma. I have
                experience in database marketing and web analytics from both the agency and
                consumer side.

                I'm particularly interested, currently, in predictive modeling and
                segmentation for lead quality from crm and third party (SDI, IMS) datasets -
                including Geo, recency, age, gender, site captured survey responses, lead
                type (quality score), script data.

                If anyone is interested please let me know.

                Mike 2

              • MadisonMetrics
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 7 5:23 AM
                  We have pursued a similar path, along with a few twists to behavioral intent and engagement. Unfortunately the nature of this industry can be restrictive and tying some of the obvious data points is either problematic or cost prohibitive.

                  Still all in all, overcoming challenges is simply what we do.
                  Happy to begin the discussion.

                  Ross Jenkins
                  VP of Analytics
                  RAPP NY Worldwide