[WAW] Web Analytics Wednesday June 23 in San Francisco!

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
      Date: June 23, 2010
      Time: 6 pm - 8 pm
      Venue: B Restaurant & Bar, San Francisco
      Location: http://bit.ly/9Xfoyy
      RSVP: http://bit.ly/aWY7Ou

      Join us for a Web Analytics Wednesdays networking event at B Restaurant & Bar in downtown San Francisco. This is a great chance to meet and talk with other web/online analytics professionals in a fun and informal setting. ObservePoint has some free drink tickets for people who register, so be sure to sign up!

      Hope to see you there!

      RSVP to be on the `a free drink' list. http://bit.ly/aWY7Ou

      Please help tweet today!

      @observepoint sponsoring Web Analytics Wednesdays 6-23 in San Francisco RSVP: http://bit.ly/aWY7Ou Please RT! #measure

      Tell your friends!
      Be sure to tell your online/web analytics friends and colleagues to join one of the following groups to get the latest announcement of the next Bay Area Web Analytics Wednesdays event, usually sent out three weeks in advance:
      Web Analytics Wednesday Bay Area Yahoo Group http://bit.ly/lisfbawaw
      Bay Area Web Analytics Wednesday on Facebook http://bit.ly/fbsfbawaw
      Bay Area Web Analytics Wednesday on LinkedIn http://bit.ly/ysfbawaw
    • Vivek Pandey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
        Hi,

        So we see the funnel from two aspects in our reports - visits by pages and
        events. Which one is the right/better one?

        e.g. Visits to Order Page / Visits to Product View Page vs.
        Orders/ProductViews

        Also what is your reason for choosing one over the other (I know most people
        will choose events, but what is wrong with the visits-to-page approach?)

      • Kush Soni
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
          Hi Vivek,

          As per me Events option would be good as events are very reliable and get fired every time anyone satisfy the condition. (provided it is implemented correctly)

          In visits to pages you never know if a visits has two orders cycle. In that case you will get one visit to your thank you page however the has placed two orders. (This is rare but possible)

          Moreover you must agree that if Omniture has provided this facility that this must have some quality too. :-)

          I hope this will answer your question.

          Cheers!
          Kulbhushan Verma (Kush)

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Vivek Pandey" <pvivek@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >

          > So we see the funnel from two aspects in our reports - visits by pages and
          > events. Which one is the right/better one?
          >

          > e.g. Visits to Order Page / Visits to Product View Page vs.
          > Orders/ProductViews
          >

          > Also what is your reason for choosing one over the other (I know most people
          > will choose events, but what is wrong with the visits-to-page approach?)

        • Ankur
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
            Vivek,
            You are correct. The better choice always will be event. Since events are less likely to have versions e.g. a perticular purchase , a specific download , view of a demo movie one or more landing pages etc.(whatever you can call a success/funnel step). However it is likely to have these success events occur at various pages. Hence visits to page will not be a viable choice.