RE: [webanalytics] More props ??!!

  • Blakeley, Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2010
      You might also look at this thread: RE: [webanalytics] [Omniture] How to circumvent the limit of 50 on props?

      Robert Blakeley | Product Manager | BI
      212.624.3854
      From: vivek <pvivek@...<mailto:pvivek%40live.in>>
      Subject: [webanalytics] More props ??!!
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, May 3, 2010, 3:30 AM

      Hi, currently our website appears to be running out of props !!

      Definitely we are doing something wrong and would appreciate help on this. For e.g. we are an online travel website and have separate props for # of adults, # of children, Weekend/Weekday. . is this the best design? How can we reorganize our props to create space for more?

    • KevinR
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2010
        I feel your pain with running out of props. Brett Error has announced that more props are on their way and will be available before the end of the year. Until then your best bet is to try to consolidate them as much as possible then use a SAINT upload to classify them back out. For example lets say you have a shoe store. Instead of using many different individual props for size, color, manufacturer, style, mens vs womens, etc, you should just use a single prop to capture the item number. Then based on data you have in your database take a spreadsheet and fill in all the details about that item number that you would have normally used a whole ton of props for, upload it using SAINT and you should be all set.

        Kevin Rogers
        http://webanalyticsland.com

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "vivek" <pvivek@...> wrote:

        > Hi, currently our website appears to be running out of props !!
        > Definitely we are doing something wrong and would appreciate help on this. For e.g. we are an online travel website and have separate props for # of adults, # of children, Weekend/Weekday.. is this the best design? How can we reorganize our props to create space for more?

      • Riaan Jacobs
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2010
          Hi Vivek,

          How many props are you currently using. By default you get 50 from Omniture and usually this is more than enough for most clients. If you need more then you can request additional props from Omniture.

          The Admin console is where you define new props and I'm wondering if maybe you might still need to have some more enabled there.

          Regards,

          Riaan Jacobs

          Web Analytics Senior Technical Engineer

          [cid:image001.jpg@01CAEAE0.1CCC37C0]<www.acceleration.biz>