[Omniture] How to circumvent the limit of 50 on props?

  • Vivek Pandey
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2010
      Currently we are using up all of the 50 props allowed by Omniture and now
      want to add another one. I was flirting with SAINT on how to do this but
      couldn't quite figure out how. Can someone help please?

    • Blakeley, Robert
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2010
        Depending on what and how you want to count, you can also use an evar and/or "load" a variable.

        Evars count in a different way that props, but sometimes the numbers are the same depending on what your counting and the configuration.

        By load I mean put two types of values into the same variable so long as they do not conflict (that is, they never need to be set at the same time). In that case prefixing a common identifier to the value helps tell one from another. For example hsg_segment vs. nl_mensnewsletter. From the point of view of a data architect loading a variable is not good; but sometimes need supersedes form.

        Robert Blakeley | Product Manager | BI
        212.624.3854
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2010
          Hi Vivek,

          I think you are on right track, SAINT is your answer. if you however use
          SAINT & classification of props you would have to consider to concatenate
          different values (they should be related) into single prop.

          You also might want to revisit your s.channel & hierarchy plan so you dont
          duplicate info and there is minimal overlap between s.channel/s.heir & your
          props.

          Since you are a travel site, there are large opportunities. For eg. you can
          use time parting plugin so that all day of week , week of month & hour of
          the day etc. data can be pushed into one prop that will save you some prop
          easily.

          Best,
          Ravi Pathak
          www.tatvic.com