GA for Intranet - Employees Can't Access Internet

  • chandan s
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
      Hi,

      I am thinking of implementing GA on our intranet which seemed like an interesting idea. However, later on I discovered that most of the employees have the access of the intranet but NOT TO Internet.

      Would GA code work in this case ?

      Please advise,

      Chandan
    • nethab1
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
        GA will only work if your employees can access www.google-analytics.com. If they cannot, then GA will not work.

        Try using one of their computers and going to www.google-analytics.com/ga.js

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "chandan s" <chandan9sharma@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am thinking of implementing GA on our intranet which seemed like an interesting idea. However, later on I discovered that most of the employees have the access of the intranet but NOT TO Internet.
        >
        > Would GA code work in this case ?
        >
        > Please advise,
        >
        > Chandan

      • Ramjee Ganti
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
          Hi Chandan,

          For you to be able to use Google Analytics from intranet, a few conditions
          need to be satisfied:

          i. You should be able to access the google analytics ga.js, _utm.gif. So
          request your IT to unblock these two links for everyone.
          ii. Additionally the intranet site should be accessed as a Fully Qualified
          Domain Name (FQDN). eg. it should be http://intranet.mycompany.com and not
          just http://intranet/.

          You can find these details here:
          http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55510.